music voices vs. movie dialogue

Paducah Home Theater

The old woman, the guy who wants to drive the war rig, the breeders, all sound excellent. I don't get it. Multiple people in transformers 4 sound horrible comparatively.

yeah cause that movie mix is crappy.

Something was indeed crappy enough that some of the voices couldn't be fixed by your palladiums when we listened to it at your place.

The old woman, the guy who wants to drive the war rig, the breeders, all sound excellent. I don't get it. Multiple people in transformers 4 sound horrible comparatively.

yeah cause that movie mix is crappy.
Something was indeed crappy enough that some of the voices couldn't be fixed by your palladiums when we listened to it at your place.
sounds crappy on my cinema stuff too. Some movies just aren't mixed well period. I'd say if your ears tell you it's crappy and you changed to a vertical center and it's still crappy then the mix sucks big time.
  • Like 1

sounds crappy on my cinema stuff too. Some movies just aren't mixed well period. I'd say if your ears tell you it's crappy and you changed to a vertical center and it's still crappy then the mix sucks big time.

I thought you were being sarcastic because I and most everybody else actually love the effects on Transformers 4, they put a lot of effort into it. For LFE and surround effects it is one of my favorites of all time. Multiple voices sound awful to me though. Marky Mark even sounds bad to me. I don't get how such a huge blockbuster with tons of big names behind it could get smoked in this department by Mad Max. I keep thinking there is something wrong with the setup, speakers, decoding, or something. Maybe it is just a crap mix though.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I thought you were being sarcastic because I and most everybody else actually love the effects on Transformers 4, they put a lot of effort into it. For LFE and surround effects it is one of my favorites of all time. Multiple voices sound awful to me though. Marky Mark even sounds bad to me. I don't get how such a huge blockbuster with tons of big names behind it could get smoked in this department by Mad Max. I keep thinking there is something wrong with the setup, speakers, decoding, or something. Maybe it is just a crap mix though.
not being sarcastic at all. I tolerate it cause it can't be changed. But it sucks period. I could prolly pick 20 movies out of my collection that the voices are just awful in them. Hulk is one of them. Hulk has some insane demo material. But some of it it absolutely horrible to listen to at the same time
  • Like 2

I thought you were being sarcastic because I and most everybody else actually love the effects on Transformers 4, they put a lot of effort into it. For LFE and surround effects it is one of my favorites of all time. Multiple voices stound awful to me though. Marky Mark even sounds bad to me. I don't get how such a huge blockbuster with tons of big names behind it could get smoked in this department by Mad Max. I keep thinking there is something wrong with the setup, speakers, decoding, or something. Maybe it is just a crap mix though.
not being sarcastic at all. I tolerate it cause it can't be changed. But it sucks period. I could prolly pick 20 movies out of my collection that the voices are just awful in them. Hulk is one of them. Hulk has some insane demo material. But some of it it absolutely horrible to listen to at the same time

I wonder if Blu-rays with crappy mixes were crappy in the theater as well.  Could it be that the "re-mixs" for Blu-ray are bad, but the theatrical mixes are O.K.?  I hardly ever go to a commercial cinema anymore, so I wouldn't know.  I sometimes wonder if the disc producers, in an effort to optimize the sound for most people's Home Theaters, or plain old TV sets, make things worse for those of us with good systems.

I must say, though, 9 out of 10 Blu-rays we get have good sound, and we run 2 to 3 per week.

• Like 1