Lascala split question

The Dude

I was looking at some pictures online of the Lascala splits and was wondering where the LF connection is on the bass bin.  I came across this one. 

To me it appears its in the back.  Is this correct? Does anybody have a better picture of it?

Thanks

post-27403-0-36660000-1456330223_thumb.j

• Like 2

I would not mind seeing that for myself.

Normally when running wires through from the driver chamber i use PL Premium, it sticks to just about anything and expands as it dries to make a tight seal.

I use it on ports as well though just on the front half of the panel and then use exoxy for added strength and let it flow down the back side, never had an issue with either.

I was looking at some pictures online of the Lascala splits and was wondering where the LF connection is on the bass bin.  I came across this one. 

To me it appears its in the back.  Is this correct? Does anybody have a better picture of it?

Thanks

That's exactly where it is, in the back of the LF section.

• Like 1

I would like to see how they did it through the dog house.

Since that's the back of the doghouse, I don't quite understand your question.
Probably do to the fact that i dont know what i wanted to ask. I guess i would like to see exactly how they did it. As i am not to familiar with the inside of the whole speaker. Especially that area as i thought there was a divider there.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Google LaScala plans and you would see that the connectors are on the motor board for the woofer.  The V in the wood is part of the design for the horn waveguide.  There is another at the bottom, but unseen as the back covers it. 

Edit: You probably won't see plans for a split, but the plans would show the motor board, cutout in the motor board and the four pieces that form the expanding v for the horn.  The terminal posts are installed directly into the woofer chamber.  Better yet.  Here's a pic of the assembly without the back cover.  The posts are attached between the arms of the V. 

post-33634-0-63620000-1456345284_thumb.j

Edited by billybobg
  • Like 2

you would see that the connectors are on the motor board for the woofer

On a normal Lascala I see where they come out of the top, at least the one I have does.

That's exactly where it is, in the back of the LF section.

Now I think I know the question I should ask.  How do they go about routing it to get to the back?

That picture in your first post has the terminals on the back of the driver chamber.

Just pick up some binding posts if you want to make things simple.

What Billybobg was referring to here. 

The V in the wood is part of the design for the horn waveguide. There is another at the bottom, but unseen as the back covers it.

I will have to do some investigating this evening.

Edited by duder1982

I think there might be some confusion here....The wires are routed from the woofer through the bottom chamber, and up to the terminals.  You would need to take off the bottom doghouse door to see it.

That sounds like a lot of unneeded effort.

Right from the driver to the terminal connections would be easiest and less likely to leak.