My exam results are here

Kain

Yes, my exam results are in and...I didn't do well. Frown.gif

I did pass, but I "scrape the floor" passed. Frown.gif

My father said he would get the Klipsch after my results, but now that he has seen what I got he isn't happy. This could mean no Klipsch for me. cwm2.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TX-36P500X (36" Direct View 16:9 HDTV)

A/V Receiver: (Still deciding)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Bummer!

Better this lesson comes at 17 than at 37

Once you graduate from school and enter the workforce you'll find that:

While there is no guarantee that good performance and a strong work ethic will be rewarded with good pay and perks - you can be sure that mediocre work will almost certainly result in scant reward.

You have the ability to turn things around as your studies continue - Do It!

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

pass is pass, many exams are not useful in the real world anyway, I know I ahve several securities licenses, all they are is regulations, like written driver tests, they have little to do with driving a car ...

------------------

Colin's Music System Ak-2 Khorns & Klipsch subs; lights out, tubes glowing & smile beaming!

my aunt always said passing is passing, now she is a teacher haha. sometimes the tests are a bunch of boo, having littl eto nothing to do with what was learned and when they do they are ambiguous questions used only to try and trick you, it is a math test not a riddle.... it is a history test, not your teacher's philosophy on life past and present...

but passing above the requirement is always a nice feeling. I normally do excellent with all my subjects, in the maths i will have a 100 quiz average, a 100 homework average, etc, but when it comes to tests, i am passing, but not near a 100. When I do math or physics in a testing format, I nearly fail every time, and it is stuff tha tis quite simple that I mostly miss. When it comes to solving highly complex theories in class, I am the first to figure it out, and do it with no problems. My teachers are still trying to figure that one out... Too bad tests carry 70 and 85% of our average out here...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

<A HREF="mailto:justin@soundwise.org">Email Me</A>

This message has been edited by justin_tx_16 on 08-27-2002 at 04:32 PM

Our tests are about 60% of our average in our classes... I am basically all AP, except for two- band and Business Tech. To be honest, AP really aren't that difficult... to me anyway. I never do well on history tests, but I rarely make below a 95 on literatrue tests, and math is SO easy to me. I never fail, though. Strange... I never do quite as well on math/ chemistry test as I think I am going to though.

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

Damn!!! Smile.gif I'm happy!!!

This year will be cake!!! Physics is ~cake, and everything eles is cake+++!!!

Don't forget, I hop in the Chevy and am in my house by 11:55 AM (10 min to get home and parked) EVERYDAY!!!

Life is good. Last year was hell and I wanted to kill myself (sorta not kidding, I was 100% miserable, stressed, and unhappy Frown.gif , not ONE thing was enjoyable last year, and I speak from LOTS of real-world experience, but I am happy now!!!.) This year is going great! This time last year, I was already depressed and miserable...

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

I don't understand how you guys can say that a "pass is a pass" when it depends on your grades to which university you go to. I mean if you want to get into a good university you need good grades! Right?

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Philips 36PW9525 (36" 16:9 Direct View)

A/V Receiver: (Still deciding)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

Yep, at this point in your life grades are very important. They will indeed affect which universties you can get into. But in the U.S.A., it takes more than good grades to get into the best universities. They consider extracurricular activities, application essays, social and economic background, nationwide exam results (no passing grade, just a numeric result), etc.

I have a friend who graduated at the top of his class in electrical engineering at U.C. Berkeley. He applied to Stanford to do his graduate work and was rejected because he did not play any sports while he was at Berkeley. He did get a full fellowship at M.I.T., though.

Here in the U.S.A., if you cannot get into the university of choice, you sometimes have a second chance. You can attend another univeristy for a year or two, improve your grades, and transfer to a better univeristy to finish your undergraduate study.

First problem is getting into medical school. There are a lot of folks who want to go to medical school and cannot get into one in the U.S.A. Of course, if your premed grades aren't so good and you have the money, you can go to medical school in Granada or some other third world country. Even if you do get into a good medical school, your grades will influence where you will be able to do your internship and residency.

At my school we have a 6 point GPA scale. I have a 5.866 GPA and I am not in the top ten percent!!! I have to have a 5.889 to be top 10% You say I am close, but in texas it is top 10% or nothin'... No guarenteed college intrance for me Frown.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by John Warren:

Justin-

Perhaps you should reconsider taking Grammer School spelling over again.

John Warren

i never said anything about my fast typing skills. Smile.gif besides, right now i am lucky to be able to walk... more on that later?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by Malcolm:

"Grammer" school?

Good point. It is Grammar School if you want to be perfectly picky and precise.

(Ok grammar, or should I say grammer, man, what is the literary style I used above? Smile.gif)

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me