How is Windtalkers?

Kain

Well? Smile.gif

How is the movie? Worth watching? How is the sound? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Panasonic TX-36P500X (36" Direct View 16:9 HDTV)

A/V Receiver: (Still deciding)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: Dual SVS CS-Ultras w/Samson S1000 amplifier

• 3 weeks later...

Kain.

I saw this in the movie theater. It had some pretty good action. Sound was pretty good. I thought the movie itself showed us the horrors of what we must do during war to protect our nations secrets. PROTECT THE CODE! I also liked it when Close Air Support was called in during the battle scenes, AWESOME!

RP

------------------

Computer

Klipsch Pro Media 4.1

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

• 1 month later...

I liked the move, non-stop tense action, thousands of bullets, good use of the rear center channel, and good acting.

What I liked about it most is how natural the soldiers were acting, you could clearly see that it was their first battle, compared to the seargents and the captain (spelling).

I like Mel Gibson and thought he did an excellent job . But there was something about the movie didn't get me. It was probably that I was expecting more with all the hype surrounding it. I'm not a big war movie buff, especially the Vietnam movies. So it has to do a lot to keep me interested.

You people may disagree with me, but after watching Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, Das Boot, and Stalingrad, these new war movies seem kinda dull..

Windtalkers was like a war movie lite, I didn't enjoy it at all,

We were soldiers could have been a better movie if they left out the emotional home front,

and Black Hawk Down, that one I enjoyed alot.

As an action movie, it was okay, or less. It seems to me that realistic death by wartime firefights is not something to admire.

Woo dwells on it too much.

If you're interested, "The Code Book" by Simon Singh has a chapter on Code Talkers. It is also a very good book on cryptology from the Roman era, through the present time of computers and asymetrical coding. E.g. private and public keys and DES. A must read. It bogs down a bit in the middle about substitution codes and frequency analysis (we got it the first time). It has a wonderful aside in two chapters about the decoding of Heireoglyphics and Linear B. My favorite.

Tony Hillerman has written a series of mystery novels about the Navaho police which are serve as a very readable introduction to their culture.

Gil

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Can Anyone else tell me If they Thought the opening Seen Looked Like A dream Sequence.. I just knew it was A dream... So I thought. It ruined Themovie for me when I found out it was Supposed to have Acctually happened.. All The Fake Explosions were So CORNY... One Of the worst movies I have EVER saw.The bad thing about this is I really like Nicholas Cage.

See ya