RP160 or RP250 as Frontspeakers for my little Room?

Katze

With Stands i have no problem, my trouble is to find the right stands for the RP-160! :lol:

The main reason why i can't use the RP-250 is my door. Because they need so much distance from the wall...

You'll be happy with the RP 160s ;). As for stands, I wouldn't go higher than 24" in height. They are kinda big as it is for bookies. I got my 160s on 24" bell'o stands I got from my local CL..works like a charm ;).

I can guarantee you that the RP-160 + R-115 will play much louder than you will ever need.

I can agree on that..that is a lot of displacement lol. Yet, if you can spare the space, get dual subs ;)...better room response with less nulls and peaks.

I can guarantee you that the RP-160 + R-115 will play much louder than you will ever need.

I can agree on that..that is a lot of displacement lol. Yet, if you can spare the space, get dual subs ;)...better room response with less nulls and peaks.

What do you mean with displacement? Is my room so shitty for the speakers? :unsure:

Here is a new photo, what my room will look like... (the mobiliar is not 100% the same, but i think it's pretty good to get a better imagination of the room)

greetings

post-62669-0-57040000-1459110350_thumb.p

What do you mean with displacement? Is my room so shitty for the speakers? :unsure:

Here is a new photo, what my room will look like... (the mobiliar is not 100% the same, but i think it's pretty good to get a better imagination of the room)

greetings

I think he's saying that a 15" subwoofer will have no problem pressurizing the air in a room that small.

greetings

The sound you hear is generated by the amount of air that a speaker displaces. Therefore, displacing large amounts of air results in higher sound pressure - what we call decibels or dB.

• Like 1

Ok thanks for the explanation! :)

And what does this means for my room?!

Same thing it means for any room.

In this case, I believe more than enough air will be misplaced displaced in your room that you'll be satisfied.

Edited by IbizaFlame

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys im from italy and i would like to know if for you which is the best between these 2 choices and WHY:

RP-280F

RP-450C

RP-250S

R-115SW

or

RP-280F

RP-450C

RP-160M

R-115SW

Grazie grazie :-D

I guess you're just asking which is better for rear surrounds, the 250S or 160M.  I'd say it might depend on whether you want a traditional 5.1 channel system where you elevate the side speakers and use speakers with a wide dispersion, or are you after a more modern Atmos style where you have direct firing speakers at a lower height.  One will be better for ambience and the other better for more aggressive effects and music.  

I was on the fence for a long time on the use of direct radiators or wide dispersion for surround duty.  I like the wide dispersion for HT.  The direct sound is great and the wide dispersion just fill-in the rest of the side and rear space so much better than direct radiators.

Hi guys im from italy and i would like to know if for you which is the best between these 2 choices and WHY:

RP-280F

RP-450C

RP-250S

R-115SW

or

RP-280F

RP-450C

RP-160M

R-115SW

Grazie grazie :-D

I guess you're just asking which is better for rear surrounds, the 250S or 160M.  I'd say it might depend on whether you want a traditional 5.1 channel system where you elevate the side speakers and use speakers with a wide dispersion, or are you after a more modern Atmos style where you have direct firing speakers at a lower height.  One will be better for ambience and the other better for more aggressive effects and music.  

im starting with a 5.1 and asap i would have an ATMOS 5.1.2       is just for budget's problem ,nothing more....