Klipschorn upgrades which ones help

2Bmusic

I don't pretend to know all the facts but, I have been trying to keep tabs on who's got what given that they are/were willing to share.  That said there were at one time:   32 owners of Jubilee's 14 of them had EV-Dx38 2 had the XTI solution 8 passives 2 EV DC-One 1 Ashley NE8800 1 Yamaha SP 2060     9 had TAD 4002's 3 had Faital HF200 1 Martinelli (Golden Jubilee) 1 BNC 1 EV DH1A Looks like the rest had the stock K69    (this might not be 100% accurate today, it's what the list says)     Adding in the JubeScalas, adding in the Jubilee clones (none of which were in the above numbers) and I see more EV's, more XTI's, more passives.....  but I've yet to see a single Behringer in the list.  

I think updating the Klipschorn with the AK-4 or AK-5 should be added to that list.  I did exactly that around 2002, and was very impressed with improvements in blending and smoothness.  And they are, after all, integrated Klipsch-engineered products.  Anyway, I like mine very much, have no desire to tinker with or search for hoped-for improvements.

Same here.  I updated with AK-4s in 2005, and like the results.  They sound fine with no room EQ, and even better with Audyssey.

Edited by garyrc

I don't pretend to know all the facts but, I have been trying to keep tabs on who's got what given that they are/were willing to share.  That said there were at one time:   32 owners of Jubilee's 14 of them had EV-Dx38 2 had the XTI solution 8 passives 2 EV DC-One 1 Ashley NE8800 1 Yamaha SP 2060     9 had TAD 4002's 3 had Faital HF200 1 Martinelli (Golden Jubilee) 1 BNC 1 EV DH1A Looks like the rest had the stock K69    (this might not be 100% accurate today, it's what the list says)     Adding in the JubeScalas, adding in the Jubilee clones (none of which were in the above numbers) and I see more EV's, more XTI's, more passives.....  but I've yet to see a single Behringer in the list.  

I think updating the Klipschorn with the AK-4 or AK-5 should be added to that list.  I did exactly that around 2002, and was very impressed with improvements in blending and smoothness.  And they are, after all, integrated Klipsch-engineered products.  Anyway, I like mine very much, have no desire to tinker with or search for hoped-for improvements.

So here is a loaded question... Can one instal a 2" midrange driver/horn using the AK4 or AK5 ( changing nothing else) ?  Or would the crossover point be wrong for the 2"

Not technically "new" to this forum, but for a variety of reasons I haven't visited here for a LONG time! (OK like 7 years! lol)

But mostly due to some down-sizing I had sold off my LaScalas and Khorns many years ago.

BUT

Recently I caught the bug again and picked up another nice pair of walnut Khorns (1980) that are essentially untouched and in need of some love and was specifically interested in the Volti Audio upgrades from Greg Roberts. (listening impressions, value, customer service etc.)

I searched, but couldn't find much on here- is there a dedicated Volti thread I've missed??

Thanks

WopOnTour

-------------

I have a pair of Volti upgraded Belles. I bought them already upgraded and got a great deal on them along with all of the removed parts, so I couldn't pass them up. Since I already had an almost identical of original(ish) Belles, my wife felt that I could have passed but I digress. I had every intention of not liking the upgrades, returning the Belles to stock and selling the upgrades and net out a profit. After listening for several weeks with all four hooked up and constant A/B listening, I kept the Volti upgrades and sold the extra original parts. I found the sound much improved on most music. Everyone (about 10) I forced to listen to the A/B testing picked the Volti every time. Some preferring them by a wide margin. My point is they are very nice. I can only assume the K-horn upgrade would have the same net effect. As the second owner, I cannot comment on the customer service or the value compared to other upgrades out there.

attachicon.gifuntitled2.jpg

Edited by MookieStl

• 3 weeks later...

Dear 2BMusic,

If you are looking for an amp try a Luxman R-117. I started out with a Yamaha CR-840. I was then introduced to a Luxman LV-105 Integrated Amp when I purchased a pair of Heresy's for the downstairs.  I was stunned by the improvement in sound.  At the time my main speakers were a pair of Cornwall II's.  As I researched the Luxman brand further I discovered the model R-117 Receiver was their top of the line unit which was far superior than the LV-105.  I wasn't disappointed in the least.