Heritage and Extended Heritage Heirarchy

Just got to wondering today since my mother (of all people) started a conversation with someone in regards to the Heresies we got in June...what is the overall hierarchy of the heritage and extended heritage hierarchy?

I'm speaking on the whole, not in any particular metric. My understanding is that it was something like this:

Heresy > Quartet > Forte > Chorus > La Scalla > Cornwall > Belle > Klipschorn

Does this seem right?

• Like 1

Just got to wondering today since my mother (of all people) started a conversation with someone in regards to the Heresies we got in June...what is the overall hierarchy of the heritage and extended heritage hierarchy?

I'm speaking on the whole, not in any particular metric. My understanding is that it was something like this:

Heresy > Quartet > Forte > Chorus > La Scalla > Cornwall > Belle > Klipschorn

Does this seem right?

There would probably be some tied ranks.  Some are better in some ways, but not as good in others.  I don't have experience with Quartet, Hersey III and Chorus, so I'll leave them out, but for the ones I know, I might say:

Best 

Klipschorn (post 1987 or upgraded models -- if stock, with resin mid horn, front mounted tweeter, and steep crossover)

La Scala II (firm cabinet, horn loaded bass, larger mid horn than Belle)

Tied with current Cornwall (which has possibly punchier, deeper bass, but not as clean and "fast" as LSII)

Belle smaller mid horn than LS II (&I), but shares with LS clean horn loaded bass. 

Heresy II

Worst (but still excellent) 

EDIT:  I don't have experience with Forte/ForteII either, but the original Forte got one of the best reviews ever in High Fidelity magazine.

Edited by garyrc

When they were first introduced...

Klipschorn 1946

Heresy 1957

Cornwall 1959

LaScala 1963

Belle 1971

Forte 1985

Chorus 1987

Quartet 1989

I'd put them in this order sound wise...

Klipschorn

LaScala I & II

Belle

Chorus II

Cornwall

Forte II

Chorus

Forte

Quartet

Heresy

• Like 3

My understanding is that it was something like this:Heresy > Quartet > Forte > Chorus > La Scalla > Cornwall > Belle > Klipschorn Does this seem right?

So the Heresy are > (greater than) the Klipschorn?

• Like 1

My understanding is that it was something like this:Heresy > Quartet > Forte > Chorus > La Scalla > Cornwall > Belle > Klipschorn Does this seem right?

So the Heresy are > (greater than) the Klipschorn?

Read > as "then" instead of "greater than".