For Ceptorman, some projects I have been working on

The Dude

Well how yo they sound

Well, I am not to happy with the little horn on top.  I once had a pair EV hp640s and EV hp9040s, which were bigger horns with bigger sounds.  So I have started collecting more EV hp640s, which is the baige one you see on top of one of the Belles in one of the photos.  As far as the low end goes, I like it.  After building the Jamboree, I felt I had too much bass.  That is why I built the half size one pictured.  After comparing it to the Lascala, I was just as happy with the either or.  So I decided, if wish to have Belles up stairs, then building was my best option at this time.  So I built a pair, which will hold me over until I save for some Jubilees or building something else. 

Very nice work. The detail looks nice. What finish will they have?

Thanks, and for the finish, I will probably go with some nice wood veneer.  The whole reason I choose to build out of MDF, as I heard veneer bonds better to it.  But all of that will be down the road.  I do appreciate the compliments, but if you do look good enough you will see some imperfections.  The Belle build has been by far one of my best builds to date.  They will need a little bondo here and there, but not as bad as some of the others.

Thanks for watching and stayed tuned for more projects in the future.

Well how yo they sound

Well, I am not to happy with the little horn on top.  I once had a pair EV hp640s and EV hp9040s, which were bigger horns with bigger sounds.  So I have started collecting more EV hp640s, which is the baige one you see on top of one of the Belles in one of the photos.  As far as the low end goes, I like it.  After building the Jamboree, I felt I had too much bass.  That is why I built the half size one pictured.  After comparing it to the Lascala, I was just as happy with the either or.  So I decided, if wish to have Belles up stairs, then building was my best option at this time.  So I built a pair, which will hold me over until I save for some Jubilees or building something else. 

Thanks, and for the finish, I will probably go with some nice wood veneer.  The whole reason I choose to build out of MDF, as I heard veneer bonds better to it.  But all of that will be down the road.  I do appreciate the compliments, but if you do look good enough you will see some imperfections.  The Belle build has been by far one of my best builds to date.  They will need a little bondo here and there, but not as bad as some of the others.

Is it true that when a veneer is applied to a sub, there can be an issue with it peeling from the vibration, especially if it's not braced well?

Well how yo they sound

I have never had an issue with veneer sticking to plywood myself though if not prepped well imperfections and grain pattern can show through.

As MDF has no grain pattern it is one less thing to worry about.

Well how yo they sound

Is it true that when a veneer is applied to a sub, there can be an issue with it peeling from the vibration, especially if it's not braced well?

If your veneer is properly installed it will not peel off.

This is the second time I have heard of this, but have not seen any real evidence of it. Maybe if the right glue isn't used, I am sure it is possible.  But that is alot of flexing of the cabinet.  None that I have built, TTLS, THSpud, have ever had flexing issue.  But the way they are built may keep that from happening.

• Like 1

This is the second time I have heard of this, but have not seen any real evidence of it. Maybe if the right glue isn't used, I am sure it is possible.  But that is alot of flexing of the cabinet.  None that I have built, TTLS, THSpud, have ever had flexing issue.  But the way they are built may keep that from happening.

Was this posted here on the forum ?