"SOLD" HH Scott 299a tube integrated amp

Bonzo

HH Scott 299a integrated tube amp. Cosmetically it is in very nice condition but no case, sorry.

A friend of mine who is an excellent tech. did the restoration. He replaced most all of the caps under the hood. He hung one filter cap, the rest are original and working fine. He also replaced the bridge rectifier with diodes. He had to fashion the left front lamp as the original was missing. It's a bit brighter than the original but looks and works fine. I will include the old parts.

Tubes are a quad of very good testing Reflector power tubes, equivalent of 7189's, drivers are Scott labeled Amperex, low hour JJ 5AR4, 12AX7's are strong testing vintage US tubes. It sounds and works great with no noise that I can hear.

I will pack it very well and ship via UPS ground or FedEx, whichever the buyer prefers. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I would like $500 for it which will included shipping to the lower 48 and insurance. Payment via MO or Paypal Friends and Family. Thanks!

post-16545-0-95980000-1460957013_thumb.j

post-16545-0-01820000-1460957036_thumb.j

post-16545-0-24380000-1460957051_thumb.j

post-16545-0-71740000-1460957067_thumb.j

post-16545-0-86500000-1460957082_thumb.j

post-16545-0-83620000-1460957100_thumb.j

post-16545-0-68580000-1460957116_thumb.j

post-16545-0-72100000-1460957133_thumb.j

post-16545-0-95580000-1460957152_thumb.j

Edited by Bonzo
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate the props. To sweeten the deal, I will throw in a low hour quad of Sovtec EL84M power tubes. I will make sure there is a strong balanced 12AX7 for the phono section. It's a bit sensitive to poor tubes. I'll dig around, I thing I have a couple untested 6GH8A's and 6BL8 driver tubes. I believe those are interchangeable. I will try to find them.

I found a couple of Raytheon 6BL8's, Japan, that I put in the amp. I have been listening for about an hour without issue. They will be included as well. All the pre-amp tubes are GE or Sylvania JAN 12AX7WA's and test very good. One Sylvania tested as new on both sides on my friend's Eico tester. I have it in the phono section. That is the tube on the far left when looking from the front. Attached is a picture of the old parts. Thanks!

Both the far left tubes are Phono one in each channel. When looking at the front of the amp if you name them 1 2 3 4 from left to right 1=Phono left channel 2=Phono right channel   3= Tone/Preamp left channel 4= Tone/Preamp right channel.  

Nice deal with "some" restoration work done. 

Edited by NOSValves

So how much is a complete restoration, Craig?

(I am certain that I must be breaking a rule by asking)

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Of that, I am certian

So how much is a complete restoration, Craig?

(I am certain that I must be breaking a rule by asking)

You're not breaking a rule asking but I would if I answered... Sorry I don't do business on the forum. Thanks a petty whiners for that!

• Like 1

Public discussions concerning transactions or disagreements are not permitted

Strictly speaking, this rule cannot be enforced without deleting the "Garage Sale" section as all of those posts involve transactions, and they are public discussions.

Additionally, I was not attempting to "transact" business, but rather seeking knowledge for knowledge's sake. But hey...

Edited by eth2

Earl, I think you are looking at this a bit too literally....I believe that "public discussion" would mean unneeded (and unwelcome) comments regarding pricing, condition of the unit, things along that line.  "Disagreements" I believe would refer to those issues between buyer and seller, likely after the transaction has been initiated.  Those types of discussions should be taken to PM.  Questions regarding specifics that are not detailed in the ad, such as location, shipping options and the like I think would be fair game in the public forum realm....JMHO

• Like 1

Earl, I think you are looking at this a bit too literally....I believe that "public discussion" would mean unneeded (and unwelcome) comments regarding pricing, condition of the unit, things along that line.  "Disagreements" I believe would refer to those issues between buyer and seller, likely after the transaction has been initiated.  Those types of discussions should be taken to PM.  Questions regarding specifics that are not detailed in the ad, such as location, shipping options and the like I think would be fair game in the public forum realm....JMHO

Agreed.  Offers should be PM as well.