WTB in Chicago Area: Used Sub, capable of 100db @ 20hz

RoboKlipsch

In my basement theater I am looking for a 2nd sub, used, which is capable of hitting 100+db @ 20hz (unlike the curent sub).  I know DIY is an option, and one that I have considered.  But there are a lot of subs already out there, and many are used, older, etc.  

I'm not picky about appearance or having the original box/etc.  I'm looking for a quality used sub that someone in the local area is looking to part with at a reasonable cost.  Really the only spec I am looking for is to fill in the HT-movies low end a bit more.  At most I would cross the sub at 80hz so no need for a lot of higher end performance.

I do have space.  So an old monster ported sub you don't want or need anymore, please send me a note.  Even if it's a passive one that I need to power with a separate amp, I'm interested in any options.   One dimension of the sub must be under 28 inches to fit through the entryways, otherwise size is not an issue.  I am willing to travel as needed, maybe up to 100 miles or so.  

Please PM any ideas you may have.  I'm hoping one of you gents with 500 subs in your setup it itching to get rid of one so it can be replaced by something else.....(lol!)

Rob 

Willand.  Hi and thank you.  I saw that PB2000, I even contacted him a week or two ago, but he's looking for almost the same it costs to buy one new or open box.

I think those test results are for one of the higher performing models...the pb does something like 102 or 103 I think at 20, which is good.  But those numbers must be for their top model, those are incredible numbers.  

A lower tuned sub will dig lower but you will be sacrificing chest thump up top.

By the way i do not just build horns.

My initial thought was the sub I add would compliment the RSW which seems pretty strong above 30hz

Damn right. When I had stacked RSW-15's, I ran them with dual SVS PB12 Ultra/2's for the real deep stuff and it was a match made in heaven. Bad ***.

A lower tuned sub will dig lower but you will be sacrificing chest thump up top.

By the way i do not just build horns.

My initial thought was the sub I add would compliment the RSW which seems pretty strong above 30hz

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Willand.  Hi and thank you.  I saw that PB2000, I even contacted him a week or two ago, but he's looking for almost the same it costs to buy one new or open box.

I figured you might have seen the ad.  Yeah, his price is not great for used but it is "only" 4 months old.

I think those test results are for one of the higher performing models...the pb does something like 102 or 103 I think at 20, which is good.  But those numbers must be for their top model, those are incredible numbers.  

I found those test results with a review of the PB2000.

http://referencehometheater.com/review/svs-pb-2000-review/ 

Bill