Heresy II mid horn and tweeters an option for DIY Belle?

avguytx

Or would this be considered "Heresy"? Does the K-52 have the ability to play down to the K-33 crossover point? Same goes with tweeters. This may be a complete left field option but still wondered.

Edited by avguytx

Since these will be a DIY Belle, I'm open for options on the top end.  I'm thinking I'll scrap this idea.  It was one of those later in the night ideas that I should have kept to myself.  haha.  Still deliberating on doing a 2 versus 3 way and would like to go 2-way but seems like the Fatial HF140 or HF200 is the main best options for them.  Kind of out of my reach at the moment. 

Really, the only reason I mentioned the Heresy 2 drivers is because I picked up a pair of Heresy 2's that someone painted white and look rather rough.  But, I'll most likely fix up the Heresy 2's and sell them to pay for mid and high drivers and horns for the Belle project.  For starting out, I may end up with Selenium drivers and horns.  Possibly the D250-X with an HM25-25 and the D220ti with the HM17-25 horn.  Those would both fit in the top hat section of the Belle cabinets no problem.  I don't think I'll be able to come across any K500 horns anytime soon.  

I realize you have CF-3s, but the Heresy IIs are really nice. If you made some cabinets the size of the Tangent 400s, you could move the parts over for an even better speaker.

Bruce

I agree...the Heresy 2's do sound nice and I'd thought about that before with cabinets in the past. I've already owned 3 sets of early model Heresy's and one set of Heresy 2's but sold them all.  Just had too many speakers around and still kind of do.  But, if I'm going to build something, I'd rather have a larger set of speakers right now.  Definitely love the way the CF-3's sound.  Even if my HF hearing capability is shot from about 12KHz and up (blame it on 80's concerts, playing in bands and being in car/home audio).