No audio options on Netflix Blu Rays

timdog5000

I don't know if I am just not seeing the forest through the trees but on some of the Blu-rays I am receiving from Netflix Blu Ray to home program there are no surround options on the menu. Not sure if this is the norm or they're sending some cheaper copy. It does not happen on every movie but as been happening a lot more lately . It won't even let me go to a main menu looking screen it's just a generic looking menu option screen. I have a feeling when I get an answer it's going to be a DUHH! moment . Thanks for any replies!

It's not just you.  I thought I was getting some cheaper version than the Bluray release because some AVS people report great audio and excellent LFE and I felt the  Netflix copy was missing it.  Now I just get their streaming service.  Some movies are are DD plus and is at least 5 channel.  Otherwise I get a lot of stereo stuff which is ok with me since I still buy Blurays on the cheap. :)

Netflix/Redbox Blurays are stripped down versions. It's a gamble whether you will be getting good audio or not. I had rented the latest Hunger Games a while back and noticed it was just Dolby Digital so I went looking for info. Apparently it is up to the studio what is included in the rented movies. Lionsgate is known for stripping out the uncompressed audio. It sucks because that is half the reason to get a bluray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Streaming has been questionable in this regard as well.  Tried to watch The Fantastic Four the other day, the movie was in stereo with crapola bass.  Lame.  

Who cares when you're watching on your phone or lap top :(