Music in your Vehicle....

SWL

I bought a brand new car recently (2016 Hyundai Elantra GT). In my vehicles I normally listen to the radio at low volumes, nothing serious and occasionally listen to a cd. A couple weeks after purchasing the new car I popped in a cd and was pretty disappointed in the sound quality. I wasn't really expecting much but it was disappointing nonetheless.

A couple of days ago I decided to try my smartphone hooked up playing Spotify Premium in 'High Quality' mode. I was sincerely impressed with how good it sounded with the better recordings. Never would have thought that a Spotify/smartphone combo in the car would sound THAT much better than the cd player.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I have a 2008 Elantra (135,000 miles and still running perfect) and the radio is good for background listening at best. However the CD player and the auxiliary input sound 10 times better. 

Broadcast FM music choices here in the DFW are pretty awful, so I mainly listen to the local ESPN channel. But when I want some music I stream KNAC.com through my phone into the car radio and it sounds great.

• Like 1

I have a 2008 Elantra (135,000 miles and still running perfect) and the radio is good for background listening at best. However the CD player and the auxiliary input sound 10 times better. 

Yeah, prior to the Elantra GT that I just bought, I had an 08 Accent. Radio kinda blew but the cd player sounded 10 times better. Pretty much my experience with prior vehicles.....which is why this new car kinda surprised me how much better the 320kbps files than the cd.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I listen to XM in my Buick and it sounds great. I have listened to a few DTS DVD's and they sound good too. At around 400 watts it moves the acoustic glass pretty well.

I, like Tarheel, enjoy silence at home. Occasionally my wife makes sounds that I enjoy though.