Khorns Help

A1UC

43 minutes ago, A1UC said:

Who's heard both the khorn and the 39's ? How do they compare which did you prefer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right here baby... Ive heard them all, except a jubilee.

Ive heard a cornwall, la scala and a p39 at the same seating... and a klipschorn, la scala and cornwall in the same seating. The characteristics of the heritage were the same during both seatings so I think the comparison of a klipschorn and p39 is clear in my mind.

I found the palladium to be exteremly clear, crisp and forward with a very modern texture to the sound... which I can say sounds amplified. When I hear a good heritage, it sounds more open, natural and woody... slightly laidback.

I think of it this way... you can listen to a person playing an acoustic guitar with an internal microphone that is output thru concert speakers... or you can listen to a person playing a vintage Martin guitar while sitting right next to them with no amplification.

9 minutes ago, A1UC said:

And ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither is better... they are merely different.

Ive always felt that the p series had more in common with the reference series than they did with the heritage series...

On 9/7/2016 at 7:59 PM, Schu said:

I think of it this way... you can listen to a person playing an acoustic guitar with an internal microphone that is output thru concert speakers... or you can listen to a person playing a vintage Martin guitar while sitting right next to them with no amplification.

I like how you put this, good analogy.

Schus correct and so are others.  One thing I will say, I am enjoying Belles/Lascalas bass in my room more than I did Khorns.  What i am getting at here, I would search for a pair of Belles or Khorns don' t limit yourself to just Khorns.  What comes up at a price you like, jump on them and give them a try.  You might find out you love one more over the other.