Missing the bass in one of my RF-82's?

feelgood

Hey folks,

I love community forums, they're such an awesome resource, so thanks to everybody who contributes in advance.

Anyways, I've recently hooked up my RF-82's in my new place, however, one of them seems to be completely lacking bass. It's wired exactly the same as the other speaker, and they're the only 2 speakers I have wired to my receiver (Yamaha HTR-6130).

I did notice that on the speaker that's not working, I'm missing that little metal thing that connects the top and bottom inputs on the tower. Otherwise, I don't really know what could be causing it and thought you folks might have some ideas! Feel free to call me a rookie if that helps you help me. :P

Feelgood,

Welcome to the forum.

24 minutes ago, feelgood said:

I love community forums, they're such an awesome resource, so thanks to everybody who contributes in advance.

Yes they are and you are welcome.

24 minutes ago, feelgood said:

I did notice that on the speaker that's not working, I'm missing that little metal thing that connects the top and bottom inputs on the tower.

Bingo.  You found the problem.  Get some speaker wire(14 gauge) and cut two pieces about 2 inches long and connect the top and bottom speaker terminals(positive to positive, negative to negative) and you should be on your way.

Maze Audio Audiophile Spade/Spade Speaker Jumper Bridge Wires Cables Bi-Wire

Bill

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, willland said:

Bingo.  You found the problem.  Get some speaker wire(14 gauge) and cut two pieces about 2 inches long and connect the top and bottom speaker terminals(positive to positive, negative to negative) and you should be on your way.

Maze Audio Audiophile Spade/Spade Speaker Jumper Bridge Wires Cables Bi-Wire

Bill

Thanks, Bill! :)

How am I able to attach the speaker wire from my receiver if I wire it as shown though? Do they not sell that small metal thingy-ma-jig (does it have a name?)?

13 minutes ago, feelgood said:

Thanks, Bill! :)

How am I able to attach the speaker wire from my receiver if I wire it as shown though? Do they not sell that small metal thingy-ma-jig (does it have a name?)?

Attach the jumper wires like shown above. For the wires from the receiver, I highly suggest using banana clips.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Willland and Derrick will be getting glasses for Christmas this year.  :P

You better pay a little more attention yourself, buddy.:angry::lol:

I think that would be you who needs "new" glasses.;)

If I am not mistaken, I think I am the one who "solved" the problem.:D

Bill

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, willland said:

I think that would be you who needs "new" glasses.;)

Dawgit!  You are right.  I thought it was you who posted " You need a jumper on the negative terminals as well " but that was dtr20.  I'm taking an extended lunch break today....I'll be at the optometrist.  :lol:  Thanks for keeping me humble Bill.  :D