Could be a killer deal RF83 RF64ii

W27

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Currently at 4 bidders, $255 and 20 hours left.  We all know the value of the sound those speakers represent.  I guess some others do too. Are any Klipsch Regulars bidding?

With at least a couple of bidders and someone who swoops in at the last ten minutes I am going to say these three speakers go for $400.

List your best guess on the final selling price, or take the Over/under on my guess.

Worth 400 if he includes the shoes

• Like 1

As my wife pointed out,  might be better to try to buy an empty box for the 64, its days of ever looking good are long gone.

I will say it sells over 500, partially because of average used price and people getting caught up in the bids not thinking of rebuild costs.

• Like 1

There are 12 hours left and still at $255.  I agree with Steve and others ^^^ that this would be a difficult and time consuming rebuild.

For those of you wanting to swoop in at the last minute to grab these beauties, the auction ends at 4:10 am!  :blink:

I didn't realize you could retract a bid. These are so much speaker for the money. Close to 4K retail when new. If finish is a big deal, then these are definitely not for you. Personally I never thought any Klipsch were good looking speakers aside from the Palladiums. The front of RF-83's is basically all plastic. When I had them setup the fronts were all you saw in my setup. 

I woudnt waste my time refinishing these. I'd add some wood filler and paint them with an industrial rhino liner type of paint. That would be cheap and easy. Maybe add new grills. If they were in my basement I wouldn't even care. You could part these out and make a killing. I've got too many projects going right now I would have bid myself. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, W27 said:

I didn't realize you could retract a bid.

I didn't either.  Who knew?

Whoever had bid $255 retracted his bid.  Does that mean the next guy in line has an automatic bid set at the current bid of $178?  That would mean whoever wanted to beat the $178 would automatically be beat until he got to the $255.

14 minutes ago, W27 said:

I woudnt waste my time refinishing these. I'd add some wood filler and paint them with an industrial rhino liner type of paint. That would be cheap and easy. Maybe add new grills. If they were in my basement I wouldn't even care. You could part these out and make a killing.

I never thought of that.  I guess I am always thinking in terms of restoration.  My problem is I hate to put that time and effort into doing a proper job of bringing these babies back to life if I'm not going to keep them.

I think even at $200 the buyer can come out OK, not sure about going to $300. 

16 minutes ago, W27 said:

Personally I never thought any Klipsch were good looking speakers aside from the Palladiums.

No refills for you - you've had more than enough. 

16 minutes ago, W27 said:

I woudnt waste my time refinishing these. I'd add some wood filler and paint them with an industrial rhino liner type of paint.

I agree. For that price, I would rescue them and let them live in the garage  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Weber said:

No refills for you - you've had more than enough. 

I agree. For that price, I would rescue them and let them live in the garage  

Looks are personal opinion. I don't think anyone would say they like the looks of the plastic fronts of RF-83's. They retailed around $2700 and you got plastic. That's pretty bad. 

If you go to an audio show, some of this new stuff is like a work of art. You need to upgrade your furniture. I know you guys love your heritage stuff. It's good stuff, but that 70's looking stuff would never fit in my modern home. 

• Like 1

I'd really like to know about retracting a bid. I don't think I've ever seen that. The seller could have lost out on higher bids. Also the current high bidder could have bid on something else after he saw he was outbid. If it's that easy to retract that would be easy to scam people. 

2 minutes ago, W27 said:

I'd really like to know about retracting a bid. I don't think I've ever seen that. The seller could have lost out on higher bids. Also the current high bidder could have bid on something else after he saw he was outbid. If it's that easy to retract that would be easy to scam people. 

Changing or retracting your bid

As a general rule, you can't retract or cancel a bid. Once you place a bid, you agree to pay for the item if you're the winning bidder. However, honest mistakes sometimes occur.

If you want to retract a bid:

• Review the conditions and time restrictions for canceling a bid in an auction-style listing.

• If you feel you have a valid reason for canceling a bid, fill out a Bid Retraction.

• If you want to cancel a Best Offer, use the Best Offer Cancellation form.

If you won an item and you no longer want to buy it, you need to contact the seller.

A bid on eBay is considered a contract, and you're obligated to purchase the item. Read about changing your mind about an item.

Under what conditions can I retract a bid?

Whether you can retract a bid depends on the circumstances and timing of the bid. You can retract a bid for the following reasons:

• You accidentally entered the wrong bid amount due to a typographical error. For example, you bid $99.50 instead of $9.95. If this happens, you need to reenter the correct bid amount right away. Changing your mind does not qualify as accidentally entering a wrong bid amount.

• The item's description changed significantly after you entered your last bid. For example, the seller updated details about the item's features or condition.

• You can't reach the seller by telephone or email.

How long do I have to retract a bid?

If you meet any of the conditions for retracting a bid, consult the table to determine if you meet the time restrictions.

The timing in live auction event works a little differently than that of other auction-style listings on eBay, and while you can change your absentee bid before the event starts, you can't retract a bid made during a live auction event. Learn more about participating in live auction events.

Time restrictions for retracting a bid
Auction ending time Retraction allowed? Result

Listing ends in more than 12 hours

Yes

When you retract the bid, we remove all bids you placed on the item. If you are correcting a bidding error, you must bid again.

Listing ends in less than 12 hours

Yes, but only if you retract the bid within one hour of placing it

When you retract the bid, we remove only your most recent bid. Bids you placed prior to the last 12 hours of the listing are not removed.

What if I can't retract a bid?

If you can't retract a bid, you can contact the seller to request that your bid be canceled. The decision to cancel a bid is up to the seller.

Other terms

Remember that every bid is binding, unless the item is listed in a category covered by the non-binding bid policy or the sale is prohibited by law or by our User Agreement. Bidding on multiple identical items should be done only if you intend to buy all of the items.

Your bids affect how other users bid for an item and the item's final selling price. We carefully investigate all bid retractions to determine whether they are appropriate and conform to the rules for buyers. Abuse of bid retractions can result in the suspension of your account.

Bids retracted within the last 24 hours of an auction-style listing can be viewed as an example of shill bidding, which is a serious violation of eBay policy.

You cannot retract a purchase made through a Buy It Now listing. Once you confirm your purchase, you are obligated to pay the seller.

49 minutes ago, Weber said:

Pictures please

Pictures of speakers or my house? LOL Either way, I'm not trying to argue. As I said, looks are personal opinion. When you get into the 3k and up speakers, you're not talking the Best Buy line up. 

• Like 1

0c394432f574aa793b2fbce738cee650.jpg

Here's an old pic from my audio room. The Sonus Fabers up front are only $1200. Piano finish with a very modern design. The B&W Nautilus 804's are 12 years old still look very modern and retailed for $3500 when new. The RF-7ii's in the corner or original RF-7 under the tv do not have the same build quality or modern look.

I'm not trying to offend. I've currently got at least a dozen pair of Klipsch. Just answering your question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W27 said:

Either way, I'm not trying to argue. As I said, looks are personal opinion. When you get into the 3k and up speakers, you're not talking the Best Buy line up. 

No argument. I try other speakers too. A different setup in different rooms. Some are black face and I like the looks of a classic receiver such as Marantz, Sansui and Yamaha. I with I could afford McIntosh. :(

I am not one to say what looks good, I have the MCM in the house and think they look great.....and so do my girlfriends, for the first year :lol:

7 hours ago, W27 said:

0c394432f574aa793b2fbce738cee650.jpg

Here's an old pic from my audio room. The Sonus Fabers up front are only $1200. Piano finish with a very modern design. The B&W Nautilus 804's are 12 years old still look very modern and retailed for $3500 when new. The RF-7ii's in the corner or original RF-7 under the tv do not have the same build quality or modern look.

I'm not trying to offend. I've currently got at least a dozen pair of Klipsch. Just answering your question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but how much of the cost of your other speakers is due to fit and finish? I myself would rather have quality components in a functional cabinet if it reduces the price by a great percent. I know others would pay more to have fancy cabinets and such and that's fine, to each their own.

Would you rather have a $1000 speaker in a $2500 cabinet ($3500 total) or a $2500 speaker in a $1000 cabinet? That's why buying used, especially scratch and dent can be such a huge bargain, just like this deal that is borderline ridiculous if you think about it.

Post Action Report:  ;)

The set sold for $255.  I bid $222.50 two hours before the close and was immediately outbid to $250.  I went to bed knowing I did not win them. 

Someone who had not bid on them previously swooped in at the last minute and outbid the previous guy by $5.  That's good Ebay bidding.

Yes, I think whoever got them probably got a good deal and even without a refurb can flip these in several different ways, or even keep them and get great sound.

In this case, I'm glad this someone wasn't me.  B)

• Like 1