Center channel made in USA?

Fido

2 hours ago, Fido said:

I have nowhere in my living room to move that sub - I can pull the speakers out a little and play with some toe in but there is the WAF to consider

I figured WAF might be a driving factor. See what you can do. And I might be wrong on what will sound better in your room, since the room is almost as important as the speakers to how a setup sounds. Your soundstage might narrow a bit with toe in, but you can play with it to optimize between center stability and soundstage width.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fido said:

Thanks cinema_head I'll try that - right now I'm running a small KEF center

Best advise I can give is this. A center channel speaker becomes the most important speaker in a system if you use one. A small kef speaker is a pretty big step down. I would bet your set up ran with a phantom will sound better. When you run the auto room correction/eq it will set up everything.  I run cornwalls set up similar to what you have. Going with a small center would be a huge step back. 

5 hours ago, Dkfan9 said:

a phantom center might work better with the speakers toed in, I found that without toe in, the center image shifted significantly to whichever side I moved to when off axis, while toeing in stabilized it greatly.

I have my forte II's toed in slightly so that each speaker fires just to the outside edge of each ear and I experience the center image shifting as you describe but its really only noticeable or bothersome with TV. I'm kind of stuck with what I got though for space but I'm going to try and toe in a little more to see if it will help.

Last night I was playing around while watching TV and was switching the center on and off to see which I preferred, even asked the wife to chime in. The center is just so clear and detailed with speech and is obviously coming straight from the TV, it kind of cuts right through the stereo image. I think for regular TV watching I'd rather just have the center and no main speakers than the other way around.