Reference II coming back

Paducah Home Theater

Did you guys see that some Reference II stuff is coming back temporarily?  RF-82ii, RC-62ii, and RB-61ii is coming back in limited quantities temporarily.  Supposed to be brand new, not new-old stock that somebody found on a shelf.  I thought it was pretty cool.  I thought a few big online guys happened to run across a big pile of them in a warehouse but that doesn't seem to be the case.  

1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

There are a lot of Reference fans out there. Klipsch certainly was doing something right with the line.  This sounds like a great chance to get some nice speakers.  Some lines don't need to change every 5-7 years.

I saw this thread, and just had to look.  listed on the Specials page at klipsch.com - and when I read the prices - wow!  just, WOW!  looks like some crazy good deals on these!

Yeah those just appeared without much explanation.  I did some digging and got the scoop from a higher up rep earlier, kind of interesting but I don't think it's going to last.  They didn't make that many of them.  I'm trying to decide how many dozen pair of 82's I am going to order. ;)  

22 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

I'm trying to decide how many dozen pair of 82's I am going to order. ;)  

all of them?  as much as your black AmEx can take?   :o

Edited by -js-
I wanted to ?
  • Like 1

I think klipsch has been slowly moving away from the higher levels they use to compete at in the home market. Probably just isn't as profitable as what the mass wants. Im sure some will say no s..t dummy. And some might disagree idk. I dont say this as a knock on klipsch. In fact its probably more a complement. Big change is always hard for so many different reasons. Plus it can't be easy going away from some core klipsch rules that I'm sure they lay down to a point. Anyways..

To me If I made a line of speakers for years that not only were popular but reached real legend status (I mean how cool is that!!! :lol: Seriously! ) I gotta think I personally would have to bite down on something really hard to move into a (we can just call it different) market. So really thumbs up from me on that. Much rather see them do this and that then be to set in there ways to change and fold. 

For the record I have ZERO real info on any inner workings, views, or ideas of klipsch now before or at any time. So for those that do and are rolling their eyes at my post by all means set me straight ;)

On 11/10/2016 at 5:40 PM, -js- said:

I saw this thread, and just had to look.  listed on the Specials page at klipsch.com - and when I read the prices - wow!  just, WOW!  looks like some crazy good deals on these!

some bright marketing guy at Klipsch instructed IT to not let anyone outside the USA see the Klipsch.com site..   I get redirected to klipsch.ca where there are no specials. Thank you bright marketing boy. Think that was smart? You just pissed-off a big Klipsch fan! Do you track that? nooo... Idiot.