Would This Receiver Fit 2x R28Fs

paulhinrichsen

Do you have any recommendations for a receiver in the $200-$325 range that would be ideal. Also this is an odd question but im just crossing my T's here. I would be connecting my TV which has a refresh rate of 240hz, if a receiver is built for 60hz, will it still be able to pass through the video signal correctly? 

Sorry for being a newb, but why is 7.2 and bi-amping so neccessary? I have no plans to have more than 2x R 28Fs and 1 center speaker. I've read on klipsch's support that the wattage minimum to prevent damage to the speaker is like 120 W for these speakers. That seems absurd because there are basically no receivers under $1,000 that produce this.

8 minutes ago, baron167 said:

Nothing specific, but a 7.2 with assignable channels to allow for bi-amping would be a must for me. Lot's of Black Friday deals to be had....

I do not know the answer to your TV refresh rate question.

what black friday deals are you specifically thinking of? if you have a link or two that would be awesome. really one feature i would like is the ability to use my iphone wireless through my speakers..so bluetooth would be a must.

20 minutes ago, paulhinrichsen said:

Sorry for being a newb, but why is 7.2 and bi-amping so neccessary? I have no plans to have more than 2x R 28Fs and 1 center speaker. I've read on klipsch's support that the wattage minimum to prevent damage to the speaker is like 120 W for these speakers. That seems absurd because there are basically no receivers under $1,000 that produce this.

Well, not necessary, but if my speakers were capable, I'd wanna do it! Although, some have claimed no noticeable difference while others do. I wasn't aware of a minimum wattage requirement. That seems odd to me. About the Black Friday deals, every seller is doing something. A site like Crutchfield has decent information and filters which are handy for the features you are looking for. I happen to be a Yamaha guy, but it's all about the features one can afford.

A great number of us have tried the passive bi-amping and no longer use it.  Fool's bi-amp, is another name for passive bi-amping because it does not  use an electronic crossover, XO.  Both drivers get the exact sam signal.  Each drivers passive XO dissapated the unused signal as heat in it's network.

It's fun to do and I have done it.  Most of us prefer to use the extra channels on the avr for SB, FH or another surround speaker.  IMHO, this will add more to the HT experience than bi-amp.  Use 12 g. wire and you should be good to go.

4 hours ago, baron167 said:

Hi, IMHO that AVR may be underpowered

I agree.  I do not think an entry level AVR will even come close to you realizing what the R-280F's have to offer.  Though the speakers are not even close to the upper end of the Klipsch food chain, they can sound pretty decent with the right gear.

Bill

I live in a townhouse and the room will be fairly small (600 sq feet) so i wont be turning these up incredibly high, sure i listen to them at high volumes..but probably not high enough that i would need a $600 receiver. Im just trying to find a cost effective receiver that wont damage the speaker for being too underpowered, but will still provide solid quality sound at volumes enough for myself.

If i can find a 400-500 dollar receiver thats on a black friday sale for 300, that would be ideal, but im still not sure what model to go with.

34 minutes ago, paulhinrichsen said:

Would i just connect the cable box to the tv and run the optical audio out to the receiver?

Everything should run to the receiver. Cable, Blu-Ray, etc. Then just one HDMI cable to the tv from the receiver.

In many experience running antenna to tv then coax to receiver vs everything else to receiver then to tv, audio syncs better when run through the AVR first. For sports and news, it's not a big deal, but for movies I care a lot more. I would run everything through the receiver, there should be no degradation in quality.

On 11/18/2016 at 4:02 PM, paulhinrichsen said:

what black friday deals are you specifically thinking of? if you have a link or two that would be awesome. really one feature i would like is the ability to use my iphone wireless through my speakers..so bluetooth would be a must.

Saw this from Fry's Black Friday Preview promo email to me...

Screen Shot 2016-11-22 at 10.12.07 AM.png