Furman Power Strip?

SWL

On 11/27/2016 at 6:48 AM, SWL said:

Yes. How about something like this......e47b0a3af628dc166249a1dbd33856cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Well I would say that if you don't mind a brick then look at a SurgeX SA-1810, but it's not exactly less than $30 shipped.  

A1UC, have you noticed any improvement / difference with the P10 or P5? I have been eyeing those for a while, but am leery of any lack of actual / perceived improvement at that price. 

I like the P10 and bought a P5 also now . Is it a huge difference for me no , it all depends on your service these are not conditioners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do any of you guys plug only your amps/preamps directly into the wall and all other components into a surge protector/power conditioner.....or vice versa.....for any particular reason?

I auditioned quite a few power strips and power conditioners on my system including the highest end Panamax and Furman models. The power conditioner I like best and sounded best in my system with no degrading was the Belkin PureAV PF-60 and I really feel it is far nicer than all the others I tried.

I have both my amps (Emotiva XPA-2 and XPA-5) plugged into the high current outputs with no sound degradation. My sub is currently plugged directly into the wall but I am waiting delivery tomorrow  of an Emotiva CMX-2 to try out for my sub. My sub also works well plugged into my PF-60 but only two of the PF-60's outputs are for high current and they are being used by my two amps.

After a lot of comparing and testing of various power strips and power conditioners the Belkin PF-60 really topped them all and I would really recommend it.

• Like 1

I auditioned quite a few power strips and power conditioners on my system including the highest end Panamax and Furman models. The power conditioner I like best and sounded best in my system with no degrading was the Belkin PureAV PF-60 and I really feel it is far nicer than all the others I tried.

I have both my amps (Emotiva XPA-2 and XPA-5) plugged into the high current outputs with no sound degradation. My sub is currently plugged directly into the wall but I am waiting delivery tomorrow  of an Emotiva CMX-2 to try out for my sub. My sub also works well plugged into my PF-60 but only two of the PF-60's outputs are for high current and they are being used by my two amps.

After a lot of comparing and testing of various power strips and power conditioners the Belkin PF-60 really topped them all and I would really recommend it.

So, if the Belkin has no degradation of sound.....how would you describe the way the other units degraded the sound?

4 hours ago, SWL said:

So, if the Belkin has no degradation of sound.....how would you describe the way the other units degraded the sound?

When I was auditioning different power conditioners/strips I found the most degradation in the sound of bass and sometimes hard impacts in HT seemed to to get limited at times as well. Other things I noticed were slight tonal changes sometimes effecting harshness or warmth of the overall sound.

I found my system to sound its best with the PF-60. I also really like other features of the PF-60 as well like.

The best isolation with six pairs of isolated outlets, most others have less isolation usually 2,3 or 4 isolated banks or groups of outlets. This separates your components and helps keep them from effecting other components of your system.

The best surge protection with the highest joule rating at 7114.

The best control of powering ON with great options for delays and switched outlets and trigger control.

Nice amperage metering with digital readout.

Two excellent "high current" outlets which did not limit my amps or subwoofer. 

Here is a pic that shows the inside of the PF-60

belkinpf60mur.jpg

• Like 1