April Madness 2017

DizRotus

Sunday is an important game for Wolverines and Spartans.  In addition to intrastate rivalry, each team is in danger of not getting an invitation to the NCAA dance.

Michigan has more experience, State has more depth, as well as the best player, freshman Miles Bridges.  Each team is well coached.  

Michigan has only two wins at East Lansing in last 22 years.  MSU has won the last four in a row.  History doesn't win games; players do.  If Sparty can't hold serve on Sunday, it will be bad for tournament hopes.  In a little more than a week the rivalry shifts to Ann Arbor, where home court advantage is with Michigan.

14 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

WVU vs A&M was an exciting game yesterday, with a Mountaineer victory to please Dave.  I expect the tilt in East Lansing this afternoon to be exciting also.

I think WVU is a good team capable of playing great.  They have knocked off #1 teams at-the-time Kansas, and gave Baylor their only loss of the year.  They also have 4 losses to teams not in the top 25.  I bet they drive the bookies crazy.

+++

I follow Michigan somewhat because they have WVU's former coach, and of course I like the team colors.  B)

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I think WVU is a good team capable of playing great.  They have knocked off #1 teams at-the-time Kansas, and gave Baylor their only loss of the year.  They also have 4 losses to teams not in the top 25.  I bet they drive the bookies crazy.

+++

I follow Michigan somewhat because they have WVU's former coach, and of course I like the team colors.  B)

Tell the truth Dave, you like Michigan because of Jimbo's previous avatar:D

On 1/28/2017 at 8:30 AM, DizRotus said:

Sunday is an important game for Wolverines and Spartans.  In addition to intrastate rivalry, each team is in danger of not getting an invitation to the NCAA dance.

Michigan has more experience, State has more depth, as well as the best player, freshman Miles Bridges.  Each team is well coached.  

Michigan has only two wins at East Lansing in last 22 years.  MSU has won the last four in a row.  History doesn't win games; players do.  If Sparty can't hold serve on Sunday, it will be bad for tournament hopes.  In a little more than a week the rivalry shifts to Ann Arbor, where home court advantage is with Michigan.

This game will go to the wire. Both teams came out of halftime hot.

Wolverines and Spartans meet tonight in Ann Arbor.  The last I saw, the line was ~4 in favor of the home team.  A loss for Michigan will be more devastating for them than a loss by MSU will be.  Whatever happens, watching Miles Bridges is worth the time spent.

• Like 1