Metallica sound through klipsch

bullsprig

from all the klipsch speakers i have heard, it sounds awesome. especially the S&M cd's because they feature lots of horned instruments. Klipsch speakers are awesome rocking speakers. they have the power you need and you really benefit from the horn design, at least that is what i have come to believe.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

I tried some Matallica on mine and it does indeed kick some serious @$$.

------------------

Steven Konopa

Fredericksburg, VA

Denon AVR3802 (Receiver)

RF-7 (Fronts)

RC-7 (Center)

RC-7 (Rear)

RS-7 (A Surrounds)

Infinity RS2000.5 (B Surrounds - recycled)

REL Storm III (Subwoofer 1)

Yamaha YST-SW40 (Subwoofer 2 - Recycled)

JVC XV-S65GD (DVD)

Sharp DX-200 (CD - ancient)

RCA DWD490RE (DirecTV/Ultimate TV receiver)

Sharp 32 inch (TV)

I have metallica's black album on DVD Audio. The sound is incredible be it 2 channel or multi-channel.

A must buy for metallica fans that own a DVD A machinecwm12.gif

------------------

Denon AVR 3801

Onkyo M504 Power Amp driving the mains

Technique A-10 DVD Audio/Video Player

Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/Dvd Player

Dish Network Dolby Digital Sat receiver

Mitsubishi 50" Screen

Mitsubishi HSU-575 HiFi VCR

Klipsch La Scala ( Mains)

Klipsch RFC5 Center

Klipsch RSS6 Surround Side

Klipsch RSS .5 Back surround

Klipsch KSW 12 Subwoofer

Denon DRA-295 Stereo Receiver Driving Outdoor Speakers

Boston Acoustics OutDoor Speakers

My Home Theater Page http://www.geocities.com/scooterb4u/ScootersHT.html

The Metallica sound is downright metallic and edgy on Klipsch speakers.The spealkers are not smooth to start and when you add a brute force solid state like the ATI2505 and play a Metallica CD its the edge of edgy.

Ear bleed sound so bloody your ears may very well rupture.

At least RF-7's are great for HT and techno.For nuanced music they are not,even compared to the smallest Spendor they spit sound,sounds like a 30mm Vulcan machine gun soft.

And the RSW subs sound like grenades exploding.

cwm27.gif

Talk about soft

TheEAR(s) Now theears

The Metallica sound is downright metallic and edgy on Klipsch speakers.

Hence the name Metallica.

As much as I love the ol' headbangin' sh*t, Earz is completely right.

Any sort of thrash music will result in the same.

(Harsh, edgy, metallic.)

Maybe because they poorly record wide open?

OTOH, I have a few thrash CD's that do rather well on Klipsch.

Add cheap solid scrape on your Klipsch's and metal turns into a gritty mess.

This is where 'Garbage in garbage out' comes around and bites you in the ***.

Try Slayer's last release, This recording on Klipsch will drop you to your knees profusely bleeding from Theears.

It's terrible.

JMHO.

i like the harshy sound of matallica on klipsch speakers. it is showing exactly how they sound, imho. at the Tweeter Home Entertainment on Westiemer they hav ethe RF series room playing metallica.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

Guest Webmaster

The "Black Album", "S&M"...What's that? Metallica ceased to exist soon after "...And Justice for All" came out! I saw that a bunch of dudes with short hair were doing a Metallica cover band though, haha. I think that "...And Justice for All" and "Master of Puppets" both sound good on Klipsch though.

The last Slayer cd isn't too bad. It has some good songs, but it also has some bad songs. The last great album they did was "Divine Intervention", in my opinion. I was excited that Lombardo was playing drums on the last tour, but ultimately I was disappointed with the set. They played a bunch of old songs (which was cool), then they played a bunch of newer songs (which mostly sucked and they even seemed less excited to play the newer songs) and then ended with two great songs. The problem was that they didn't mix the set up well enough with old and new, but the worst thing was that they hardly played anything off of "South of Heaven", "Seasons in the Abyss" or "Divine Intervention". I probably won't go see them the next time they come through.

Anyway, almost all of the metal I play on my Klipsch speakers sounds great, especially when there is so much double-bass I can feel it all. I love that!

quote:

Originally posted by boa12:

w-master is a head-banger. cool!
Biggrin.gif

no doubt, besides the speaks, klipsch also has the best corp. culture.
cwm35.gif

Every single BOSE employee is head banger also. They are banging their heads against the walls Wink.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

Guest Webmaster

quote:

Originally posted by justin_tx_16:

Metallica S&M is Metallica playing at Berkely with the San Fransisco Orchestra.

I know what it is, I was just joking. I like to pretend that Metallica broke up after they recorded "...And Justice for All" because the "Black Album" is only ok and the other albums after that should have done under a different name since they were no longer metal(Rocklica maybe?).

I have to say that it is pretty cool that there so many people working here that play in bands. Most employees of Klipsch have a real love of music and working here definately contributes to that addiction!

Gee Webmaster, I guess you and me connect about the same with Metallica and Slayer.

You are right, Metallica went **** up pretty much after Cliff Burton got squished.

'Garage days rerevisited' was fine, and 'Justice' was ok, but was a lousy recording IMHO.

Contemprica would be the name for them now, or Plastallica.

It was, 'Kill em all', 'Ride the lightning', 'Master of puppets', and that's about it for Metallica.

Slayer's older recordings are kind of scary, though great material.

'Show no mercy' ain't bad, considering the time frame.

'Reign in Blood' and 'South of Heaven' have been remastered and are my two all time favorite Slayer albums, with 'Seasons in the Abyss' right behind.

(Love the Ed Gein song.)

I've seen Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax at the Clash of the titans in the early '90's.

Anthrax was entertaining of course, but Slayer had more power, sound quality, and still had Lombardo on drums. (We sat in the back horseshoe and the kick drums moved our hair.)Impressive.

Megadeth stunk.

This was around the 'Seasons in the Abyss' tour, so we got to hear a variety of old and new, and plenty of 'South of heaven' material. Good Gig.

But once they dumped Lombardo, I kinda gave up on them.

They seem like they were just rehashing.

Though I will always like Slayer.

Dave Lombardo plays for Grip Inc. They are not bad.

Webmaster, If you like it real Heavy, Try the Fantomas CD.

It has Dave Lombardo on drums, Buzz osbourne from the Melvins on Guitar, Trevor Dunn on bass, and Mike Patton from Faith no more on Vocals.

I guess you could say they are sound bites to the cels of a mexican comic strip.

It's fast and bizarre, you'll like it if you are into it.

(Speaking of Patton, the first 'Mr Bungle' CD is a great recording and great material!)

You make me feel better, I thought I was the only one who listened to Death Metal on Klipsch.

I hope my '83 Cornwalls I am soon aquiring can take it,

the Chorus II's did.

Good, now I really feel like family here!

(Golly, the good ol' days of Slayer, Venom, Exodus, Testament, Misfits, heavy drinking. Sniff, gets me kinda misty eyed.)

Take it easy!

Mike.

bullsprig, Whether It,s Metallica or Celine Dion anything you here on Klipsch speakers is how it is accurate as it can get. Some things sound great

and some things sound awful. Keep in mind the speakers are reproducing the recording. If the recording is good,naturally the speaks sound good,and vice versa.

Alot of times the music sounds bad because the Klipsch speakers are reproducing the program better than the studio monitors that the program was mixed with.