Which to keep and which to move on...

SilverSport

I have a pair of nice RB-5s and a pair of updated/upgraded kg2s...both in the same room hooked up to the same equipment...my quandary???...which set to keep.

I have a friend who is looking for a set of speakers and I am currently speaker heavy...I have other Klipsch speakers and currently have upgraded/updated Klipsch Chorus ll, Quartets and Heresys...all of these have Bob and Michael Crites Titanium tweeter modifications (except the Heresys but they have the Crites Tweeters in them) and have updated crossovers...

The RB-5s are stock and sound very good, especially for their size...

The kg2s are very nice, with Crites titanium tweeter mods and new Crites crossovers in them...

money wise, I have much more in the kg2s (my first set of Klipsch from 1989) but in listening to them both, they both sound great...the RB-5s being more efficient do not need as much volume but both speakers are very detailed...

so...the quandary...which to keep and which to part with???...any help, advice you'd care to share would be appreciated.

Bill

I know this is tough...the kg2s were my first speaker and were about half the retail price of the RB-5s but side by side with the volume adjusted I can't make up my mind...

Perhaps the difficulty is that the kg2s sound more Heritage line than the RB-5s???...thanks for the response

Bill

well it appears I completely misunderstood the situation...the friend had some equipment from a move and wanted to know if I knew what to do with it...a home theater with Bose Acoustimass stuff...and an old JVC surround sound receiver

Thanks for the feedback everyone

Bill

after messing with the receiver for most of the day I am giving up on it...everything lights up, powers on, AM and FM section is getting signals but the receiver will no give me any sound...no hmm, hiss, static...no noise at all. Tried AM/FM and CD...nothing...the receiver has not been used in about 10 years and some interwebz reading leads me to believe the caps are past it...

These may be getting dropped off at the nearby Goodwill shop...

Thanks,

Bill