RB-5 ii

Deronb1

I shipped a rc52ii in original box, and had the magnet break off also.  I had to refund buyer, and pay return shipping.  I hate shipping stuff.  Especially AVR's, you have no control over one guy tossing it once and breaking it.  I recently picked up a Marantz avr from a fed ex location, the lady was kicking(scooting with her foot) it to me because it was heavy.  Even a properly packed speaker if tossed or dropped will likely be ruined

When you ship fragile items you have to pack them with the expectation that they will be tossed around, dropped several times and have heavy things placed on top of them. Bubble wrap does not work for heavy items as once it gets dropped all the protection is gone and when it gets dropped a second time, third time, you get the idea.

I know a lot of people hate the foam packing nuts but I think they do the best job as they act as a shock absorber if used correctly. Hard styrafoam does nothing to absorb shock so if that's all you use and your item gets dropped the outer casing will be saved but internals can break.

Anything can be shipped safely despite the mishandling of packages, it just takes time and the proper materials to do so and it will cost more but what's an extra few bucks to ensure safe delivery?

• Like 1

Well these are toast:(

they arrived today and one woofer wasnt even attached to the box, multiple corners crunched, dented woofer.  The other speaker has one screww keepingbthe woofer in the cab.  All of the pegs are broken on the grills.  Unreal......

Yep, my first attempt at RB75's ended with a driver snapped off of the plastic horn. Hearing big rattling things inside a speaker cab is never a good sign. I've been extremely lucky over the years with receiving/shipping lots of gear. I hold my breath every time I ship, particularly big, heavy stuff. Ironically the bigger  heavier gear is less likely for damage as they can't be thrown as easily, or as far. Document how items are packed for future claims and the same as they arrive. 

Sorry to hear - good luck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pats3of4 said:

I knew they were being delivered when i heard the "thump" of boxes being left on the deck!  We know our UPS guy!  Lack of respect.  

We had a couple guys in our warehouse that moonlighted at FedEx ground for a couple years. Some horror stories there. Packages falling from the back of semi to the pavement, a truck pulling out not knowing a package had fallen under the wheels, that's never good!! I consider myself quite lucky in general. And I pack for the worst circumstance, some people have no idea how to or what pack with. A layer of bubble wrap around a sixty pound amp ain't gonna cut it.