Anyone have $24,000 they can spare?

Deang

Did you guys scroll down and look at ALL the pics?

I especially dig the whole getup in the cage supporting the tweeter (did you notice the tube). Evidently, this whole thing slides into the back of the speaker cabinet, and then the tweeter fits through the hole in the front of the baffle.

C'mon -- it's WAY cool.

Vacuum tubes in computers, vacuum tubes in tweeters, what's next?

What are the amps driving these things? It looks like a single tube with dual plates.

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1978 Heresy's (front center, 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds)

Yamaha RX-V1 Reciever, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

I saw that piece on the "ScreenSavers" this morn on the Sovtec tube in an audio card. Yes, a revival of the tube! Glad to see it. Sure it sops up energy but certainly has more to it.

You have to ask yourself, why do the Soviets/Russia still make tubes. Just for us hungry Americans.

No, in a nuclear war, tube equipment is not fried while SS equip bites it! I'm sure we have our own tube back ups where they might be needed. So I'm sure our US tube makers have those secret Gobmn't contracts. The big picture one must look at.Smile.gif

Screw the speakers!

LOOK AT THAT MAPLE TABLE!!! That is beautiful.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

quote:

Originally posted by trespasser_guy:

excali.jpg

ACAPELLA SPHÄRON "EXCALIBUR"

Look at this thing... it is crazy. Anyone know how much it costs? Just out of curiosity... anyway... BTW, the trumpet just makes it cool. (I am a trumpet player...
Smile.gif
) What about specs for this thing... anyone know what they are?

Info Page

That is actually not a trumpet. It is a bugle, likely from one of the World Wars. Seriously. We have one of them, my great grandmother got it from someone who's son or boyfriend died in the war... etc etc. Made in France. I could be wrong, since it is from a distance, but it was the official bugle for the allies (or something of the like), not sure why they used a bugle,... but the seem to have! LoL It is as light as a feather. ours has a knick from a bullet and as the guy fell he kinda crushed in part of the bell, but I guess that gives it character, in a morbid sense...

Nice speakers though Smile.gif I would take a pair. LoL

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by trespasser_guy:

ACAPELLA SPHÄRON "EXCALIBUR"

Look at this thing... it is crazy. Anyone know how much it costs? Just out of curiosity... anyway... BTW, the trumpet just makes it cool. (I am a trumpet player...
Smile.gif
) What about specs for this thing... anyone know what they are?

Developed from the "classical" Sphäron, the new Excalibur is raising to a new standard of dimension and variability. In consideration of the fact that the former Sphäron had to be combined with a 12m2 horn unit for transmission of the lowest frequencies, the new Excalibur now can easily be integrated into living rooms having a minimum size of 40m2. Two towering pillars with four huge 15 inches woofers for each unit now are taking over the part of the low frequency horn unit.

This loudspeaker system has no limits: with a 15 watt power already, music will be reproduced three-dimensional, thus giving you the illusion to be a member of the orchestra or the band. From the softest, perceptible sounds, these loudspeaker sculptures can accelerate the music like lightning, comparable only with the spurt of a racing car.

When the music is soft, the sounds caress your skin. When it changes into a powerful fortissimo,the listener will be swept away to the epitome of joy.

Size

230 x 150 x 130 (HxWxD)

Efficiency

>100dB/1W/1m

Long term power handling

100 W continuous; 1000 W peak (10 ms)

Recommended amp power

from 15 W sinus/4 Ohm

Frequency response

28 Hz - 40k Hz

Weight

620 kg per System

Room size

from 40 m2

Price

upon request

I will go check them out!!!

Epic Audio

Houston, Texas USA

(713) 667-2069

that is super close Smile.gif was, as in 30 minutes away.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

Justin, they will take a Polorid of you, kick you our, and put your picture in the Rolodex of Un-Entrance. Smile.gif Better rent an Armani and a Rolex.

I mean, that puppy has got to be $100,000+++++++

But, if you do check it out, TELL US EVERYTHING!!!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

For JBL related subjects and more fun, click: http://www.audioheritage.org

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

Justin, they will take a Polorid of you, kick you our, and put your picture in the Rolodex of Un-Entrance.
Smile.gif
Better rent an Armani and a Rolex.

I mean, that puppy has got to be $100,000+++++++

But, if you do check it out, TELL US EVERYTHING!!!

I will take my grandmothers Infiniti Q-45, wear my SKAGEN watch (good nuff I hope...), wear my Gucci suite and break 300 bucks into 10 $20's and 20 $5's, aka gansta wad. I will speak with a british accent since that seems to show wealth...(?why?) and will get a diamond studded MontBlanc pen... yeah, that should do it haha.

nope. gonna walk in there like no ones business wearing my usual, khaki's and a polo shirt with my skagen watch and my audi A4, well i will leave that in the packing lot. no gucci suit, and my grandmother is at her HorseShoe Bay residence so no Q-45. Just me, $100 in cash (lets make that into some ones for the inside to appear like more money hehe, a posser gansta wad...) and ears of a hawk... or is it a bat, yes, ears of a bat. Smile.gif

ok, i am tired, quite early actually, so night!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me