Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

David Sancious- remember this artist 

I am very sure many have heard this multi instrumentalist as part of many other artists ensemble 

Names like - The Boss , Peter Gabriel , Sting, Santana among the few 

Symply brilliant is how I describe this album in the Jazz / Rock fussion genre 

I give it a must listen rating 

Artist - David Sancious & Tone

Title - Transformation The Speed Of Love 

1F1D4D05-3449-4DD8-9D78-3C59372BD98C.jpeg

• Like 3

EXCELLENT Paul !!!   David Sancious??  Never heard of him :lol: !

I picked up this LP LONG before the CD was invented !!   He also is the 'other' keyboardist in Erick Clapton's  'One more car, One more rider' concert, one of my all time favorite concerts on DVD.....   

(just played 'True Stories' a few weeks ago, LOTS of Hammond organ and Mini Moog synthesizer wonderfully played, EVERY TRACK is a winner in my book!)DSCN0531.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

EXCELLENT Paul !!!   David Sancious??  Never heard of him :lol: !

I picked up this LP LONG before the CD was invented !!   He also is the 'other' keyboardist in Erick Clapton's  'One more car, One more rider' concert, one of my all time favorite concerts on DVD.....   

(just played 'True Stories' a few weeks ago, LOTS of Hammond organ and Mini Moog synthesizer wonderfully played, EVERY TRACK is a winner in my book!)

I need to search out for other albums 🎹

The album I’m playing as I type this post is on its third spin 

Just stunningly good in a Jazz Fussion kinda way 

• Like 3

.........now, as mentioned in another forum.............onto side C.....   I STILL can't get over how quiet this LP is, no POPS and surface noise is about NILL !   I would say this is one of the quietest records I own !!DSCN0537.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I need to search out for other albums 🎹

The album I’m playing as I type this post is on its third spin 

Just stunningly good in a Jazz Fussion kinda way 

Paul, you may find 'True Stories' a little different, less 'abstract' and more melodic, a heavier feel leaning more toward rock....  You MUST check it out as well !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was THRILLED then they finally released the CD version many years later............  I really love the way the CD artwork is a perfect reflection of the album cover art :D, the player's photos are arranged a little differently on the inner booklet....DSCN0539.jpg

• Like 2

Now spinning a crossover style album 

A slight departure from experimental jazz to a more structured style & title list 

It’s a very enjoyable listen in the style of R&B / Funk /Jazz fusion

Artist - Jan Hammer Group 

Title - Melodies 

F37D85CF-9E9A-48EC-B444-160F299374C7.jpeg

• Like 4

Good evening/day Paul and friends...............nice to see the vinyl spinning this early in the week!    Paul, I am enjoying a little of the 'Crock' brand smoked cheddar from YOUR land before dinner with my vino, as it was a 12 hour work day today, feels good to be home.   Perhaps Music Hall will open for the week tomorrow evening (Thanksgiving eve here in the States............) and I can put something on one of the tables to share...

That is all for the moment, as I am in my usual 'digital' mode here in the kitchen while getting together a very late dinner for us....;)

• Like 3

Just now, Tigerman said:

PS.  Paul, your gear is VERY neatly organized, and it reminds me very much of my setup in the Hall :emotion-21:

Thanks for the compliment 

Three power amps + 2 preamps to choose from 

Four different tube types can also be used in the tube power amp for different music genres 

Paul

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening/day Paul and friends...............nice to see the vinyl spinning this early in the week!    Paul, I am enjoying a little of the 'Crock' brand smoked cheddar from YOUR land before dinner with my vino, as it was a 12 hour work day today, feels good to be home.   Perhaps Music Hall will open for the week tomorrow evening (Thanksgiving eve here in the States............) and I can put something on one of the tables to share...

That is all for the moment, as I am in my usual 'digital' mode here in the kitchen while getting together a very late dinner for us....;)

just pulled 11 today...getting all the 50 turkeys prep...for thursday..

and did a party of 34.   filet and scampi..home fries and greens..

home made orecchiette with vodka sauce...having coffee now...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Paul, and I reflect that sentiment back to you and our friends here on 'Spinning'....

Nice to hear you have a variety of 'kits' to pair up for listening...   As you know, I have the two of 'everything' going on here as well, right down to the two turntables...   It is fun to go from one to another all from a remote selection....   In my case, it is very good solid state (Marantz AVR) to all tube gear, which can be output to either of two speakers systems.   Depending on mood.............it can be realized :D and enjoyed....

Well, you enjoy your music this evening, and I hope to get more posts up here soon!

.............Gary

PS.  Mike you sound very busy in your food service work.........I would really enjoy doing that kind of thing.....but, I think I missed my calling...  :unsure:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thank you Paul, and I reflect that sentiment back to you and our friends here on 'Spinning'....

Nice to hear you have a variety of 'kits' to pair up for listening...   As you know, I have the two of 'everything' going on here as well, right down to the two turntables...   It is fun to go from one to another all from a remote selection....   In my case, it is very good solid state (Marantz AVR) to all tube gear, which can be output to either of two speakers systems.   Depending on mood.............it can be realized :D and enjoyed....

Well, you enjoy your music this evening, and I hope to get more posts up here soon!

.............Gary

PS.  Mike you sound very busy in your food service work.........I would really enjoy doing that kind of thing.....but, I think I missed my calling...  :unsure:

it's not my preference...I'm what I'm doing now...I missed what I was doing..before...better executions,

center of plate presentations..

pan sauces....building flavor profiles..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1