Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

14 hours ago, Full Range said:

( That is a DIY platter mat ) 

Care to elaborate? Sorry if I missed it earlier than this.

The new tt that I like a lot came with a felt one.......bleh. It never made it out of the box.

Put a leather (actually suede) one on it and I love it, better than the only kind I ever had before.... rubber.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Care to elaborate? Sorry if I missed it earlier than this.

The new tt that I like a lot came with a felt one.......bleh. It never made it out of the box.

Put a leather (actually suede) one on it and I love it, better than the only kind I ever had before.... rubber.

Its a composite material that was stored in the garage for several years 

Thought hmm that will make a nice platter mat - it’s about 5mm thick 

The material has 2 outer surfaces - on one side it’s paper and the other fine fabric, both white in colour 

Sandwiched in between is a material like very very fine airated expanded foam ( millions of very tiny marbles ) 

Its light as a feather 

Does the job well ✅

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good evening gents (morning for Paul).....   Nice work on that mat :emotion-21: ....    My Rega came with some special felt thing.   It is fine most of the time, but in the dry of winter..........it will stick to the LP when I remove the record !!!  :o...   The old Dual is basic rubber and there is not that problem..

Ok, see you later on from Music Hall..........something vinyl tonight will be played :)

• Like 3

Ok my friends..............the evening started off with a high resolution DVD-A from High Definition Tape Transfers of Paul Klipschs' very own LIVE jazz recordings from 1955 in GLORIOUS stereo !!!

Now, with the tubes and KH's playing, enjoying this real winner of a re-release LP............Brubeck........need a say anything more ?  ^_^DSCN0654.jpg

• Like 3

A quick spin before going to work This afternoon 

A concept album without human voice based on George Orwell’s Book 1984

Genre can be described as synth-pop/classical crossover 

Easy for an artist  to mess this up when dealing with long passages but on this album it’s weaved together well 

Artist - Anthony Phillips ex Genesis

Title - 1984 

0A841515-3331-4789-97B2-357AFB9F9C73.jpeg

• Like 3