Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

20 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

@dirtmudd Funny, EVERY time I see Donald Fagen I think of that LP.  Had it when it was first released and loved it.  Someone borrowed it and I can't remember who so I've been nosing for one around here @ auctions, garage sales, etc.   Youngest was here Xmas telling me how much she enjoyed her lil system I put together for her.  She sat listening to mine and wanted to take it back with her I'm sure...  She's wanting to get into vinyl and wanting a table now soooo the other day I get these pics from her...

First msg w/a pic of the bins in a shop was "Want anything?"  Of course that was the first LP I told her but I really didn't want her spending her money on it.  Next msg was, "You'll have it soon!"   I'd TOTALLY forgotten about that shop about 60 miles away.  Road trip?  Mmmm , you betcha.  The old man is stoked!!!

28283.jpeg

wow that's alot of money $23.98..

just left the record store this afternoon.. it was $12

nice score nonetheless...

• Like 1

Nostalgia has gripped me after a phone call from a friend 

Seen this band play live on many occasions when I was younger 

This band is from New Zealand but based in Australia from 1975 onwards 

So I pulled out for a spin 2 recent additions to the collection 

First up from 1977

Artist - Dragon 

Title - Dragon 

Album ID - JR 35068 

8BEAF0DF-5912-474D-AFFD-8C7BEEEAE245.jpeg

• Like 3

Then I followed that up with a release from 1978

This album would be the one most people that know Dragon would remember fondly 

Some great and catchy tracks on this album ( well just about every track is great ) 

Not sure if they were popular in the USA 

Artist - Dragon

Title - Are You Old Enough 

Album ID - JR 35554

0632CA4F-C659-4970-AE09-E6527732B448.jpeg

• Like 2

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ quit it @dirtmudd!  I guess I can just blame Mike for the entire evening now.  Just HAD to plant that seed the other day w/"2000 miles" and Chrissie Hynde didn't ya?  Soooo yea, it was a Pretenders kinda evening so far...  Forgot how much I enjoyed her doing the old what's his name and Cher remake of "I Got You Babe"    Thanks Buddy!

😂 😎

pretenderss.jpg

pretenders - the singles.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ quit it @dirtmudd!  I guess I can just blame Mike for the entire evening now.  Just HAD to plant that seed the other day w/"2000 miles" and Chrissie Hynde didn't ya?  Soooo yea, it was a Pretenders kinda evening so far...  Forgot how much I enjoyed her doing the old what's his name and Cher remake of "I Got You Babe"    Thanks Buddy!

😂 😎

pretenderss.jpg

pretenders - the singles.jpg

Just looked at picking that up.

Today.. I think now it was yesterday..

my last concert back in 06.... The who @ harbor arena Bridgeport ct..

the pretenders opened up the show...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Outta get movin on before I get stuck in a rut...  Hey, I coud blame that on Mike too  :)   Back to 1970 w/a little Spirit...  Twelve Dreams is such a great LP..:)

Think I have that album - yes I’m sure I have the album 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

Just looked at picking that up.

Today.. I think now it was yesterday..

my last concert back in 06.... The who @ harbor arena Bridgeport ct..

the pretenders opened up the show...

http://thewholive.net/review/index.php?showid=1638&reviewid=336&GroupID=1

Ticketmaster <customer_support@ticketmaster.com>
To dirtmudd@.com
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 6:27 AM
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Y O U R  T I C K E T S  A R E  A T T A C H E D.

* THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY *

Y O U  M U S T  D O W N L O A D,  P R I N T,  A N D  B R I N G  Y O U R  T I C K E T S  F O R  E N T R Y
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for buying your tickets from Ticketmaster and choosing ticketFast(TM) as your delivery option.  Your order number is 47-31669/NY5.

N E X T  S T E P S:

PRINT the <2> attached ticket(s) for THE WHO 
at ARENA AT HARBOR YARD.
Section Location (SECTION 104  , ROW  Q    )

THIS EMAIL ALONE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY.

STEP 1:  S A V E  Y O U R  T I C K E T S:

1. Double click on the attachment or click the "download" button.
2. "SAVE" the file onto your computer.
3. Your tickets are now stored.

Step 2:  P R I N T  Y O U R  T I C K E T S

Review Bridgeport, CT, Tue, 28 November 2006

The Who rock Bridgeport

Connecticut Post, 29-05-2006

It seems a singer, like an athlete, needs time to shake off the rust of inactivity.

But unlike athletes, who go through training camps to get in shape, a singer is thrust into the public eye and may not be vocally ready for the demands made upon them.

When I saw The Who at Madison Square Garden in September, the band had just a few shows under its belt after several years off and it showed.

Tuesday night at the Arena at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport, it was a totally different story. Two months on the road has the musicians playing much tighter and singer Roger Daltrey back in form as one of the top rock roarers out there.

To use another sports analogy, Daltrey reached back for a few of the miles that he seemed to have lost off his fastball during the New York City concert and, quite frankly, The Who's latest album, Endless Wire.

There's just a spark he adds to the band when he's on and that was evident Tuesday night during blistering versions of "Baba O'Riley" and, most telling, "Won't Get Fooled Again." The famous yell near the end of "Fooled"? He nailed it, much to the delight of the sell-out crowd of around 10,000 in the sweltering venue.

The Who's mastermind, Pete Townshend, also seemed in better spirits Tuesday night, smiling and joking and, most importantly, playing the guitar like the monster he is. He may not jump about as much or trash his instruments, but he still thrills with his trademark windmills and is always a captivating performer - even on perceived off nights.

It also helped to see this legendary band in a venue like the Arena at Harbor Yard, which is half the size of Madison Square Garden and has a sound system that doesn't have to take a backseat to any venue of its size, including the Mohegan Sun Arena, where The Who will play Friday night.

Another difference in The Who's concert this time around is that Endless Wire wasn't released until Oct. 31, so the New York audience hadn't had a chance to hear any of it. Having liked the new record - the band's first new album since 1982's It's Hard - it made it much easier to follow the new songs, particularly the six songs from Endless Wire's "mini opera," Wire & Glass. But, let's face it, 10,000 people didn't file into Bridgeport to hear the new songs. They wanted the ones that fill classic-rock radio playlists every day, and, of course, The Who delivered.

To start the concert, three classic cuts: "I Can't Explain," "The Seeker" and "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere."

After the new "Fragments," the group dipped back into the staples for "Who Are You" and "Behind Blue Eyes."

Like the show at the Garden, it was refreshing that there were few people who headed out into the lobby during the six Wire & Glass songs. It showed a real respect that most of The Who's fans stuck around to give the music a chance instead of just showing up for a greatest-hits-type show.

They also were rewarded at the end of Wire & Glass with "Baba O'Riley," which garnered a huge round of applause from the faithful.

It was the loudest ovation of the night, until the set-closing "Won't Get Fooled Again." The crowd clapped in unison near the end, almost egging Daltrey on for his big moment and he obviously fed off the energy.

The encore started out great with a trio of up-tempo tunes from "Tommy" - "Pinball Wizard," "Amazing Journey" and "Sparks." The ending was a bit of a downer with two slow songs, "See Me Feel Me," again from Tommy, and the new "Tea & Theatre."

A small complaint after two hours spent listening to rock royalty.

Make that almost three hours, as the opening act, The Pretenders, was great in its own right during a 50-minute set. The timeless Chrissie Hynde sounded terrific and looked as if they opened a time capsule from 1980, strutting the stage in her black top hat and white coattails. It was almost 50 minutes of pure Pretenders classics - "Night in My Veins,"

"Message of Love," "Don't Get Me Wrong," "My City Was Gone," "Back on the Chain Gang," etc.

The Pretenders also did a cover of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" and closed with a surprise, the first song from the group's self-titled debut album, "Precious," which showed this rock chick can still spew venom with any of the boys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never tire of some music, wish I could share the tune I want to but most of this LP is blocked from playing on youtube here.

Found one with decent sound though... NewYear'sEve is tomorrow!

Winding up with AC/DC's best ever!

IMG-20181230-164207.jpg

Can ANY other speaker beside the Klipsch Heritage horn loaded reproduce the electric guitar like it's there in the room with you?

• Like 3

"Hey Dad, gonna bring your LP over in a bit!"  Hahahaha...$24, NEW, in the shrink wrap w/a clear vinyl protector on the jacket...  ANY day of the week!  She said the owner said he'd never heard it but knew he had a new one somewhere so did a search and BOOM!  Out the door...  Thru it twice so far.  She actually liked it...  AS if...  ha!  

Donald Fagan - Night Fly.jpg

• Like 3

Hey again Dave, have I mentioned that I dig that turntable you've got?

One of our family's friends had one in their house long ago. It impressed even before I caught the component-bug.

My first attempt with the analog in my rebuild went sour. I scoured the www for ideas and found the one I've got but opted for a slightly less pricey one. Then lucked into the one I use now.

Apparently it was made with the Linn Sondek in mind: https://www.analogplanet.com/content/projects-new-classic-turntable-celebrates-twenty-five-year-anniversary#spmDqxmQWOxLBK3C.97

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

"Hey Dad, gonna bring your LP over in a bit!"  Hahahaha...$24, NEW, in the shrink wrap w/a clear vinyl protector on the jacket...  ANY day of the week!  She said the owner said he'd never heard it but knew he had a new one somewhere so did a search and BOOM!  Out the door...  Thru it twice so far.  She actually liked it...  AS if...  ha!  

Donald Fagan - Night Fly.jpg

Full range how is your copy....?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One great group here from 67..  Greg & Duane Allman, Paul Hornsby teamed up with a few others in Decateur, AL to form The Hourglass...  A group doing jukebox covers, gutsy R&B and a strong dose of the Yardbirds fuzz-funk...  Kinda like shades  of the Allman Joys yet nothing like them at all.  Mostly done from 67-69 yet released kinda like an anthology LP in 73...  Smooth double LP...  It truly does have it's high points though.  No, no milk crates @JohnJ....  hahaha

Hourglass.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1