Onkyo TX-RZ1100

RupertE

Hello,

I currently run the  Klipsch RF-7 MKII (pair) and a RC-64 MKII (central) on a  Onkyo TX-RZ1100 amp.

Could someone let me know if the Onkyo TX-RZ1100 amp is suitable for the RF-7's, I seem to be having issues. To get a decent volume 

I am up at volume 50.0 on the Onkyo TX-RZ1100 amp!

Thanks for any guidance.

RupertE

RupertE,

Welcome to the forum.

Volume controls are not created equal.  Voltage gain and manual/auto settings play a role in how quickly the volume rises.  Under most conditions, your Onkyo is plenty suitable for the RF-7II's.  Now if you are trying to fill a large room with loud music/movies and want more dynamic headroom, less compression, then maybe adding an outboard amp is in order.

Bill

That monster should have no problem.....you got them set to large?? I just went to look at some Rf 7s and hooked a 1970s   24 watt HK receiver to them turned volume to 9 oclock position maybe 5 watts there.....lol. I bet their neighbors could hear them....lol.

You got a pic of the speaker connection ? are the jumpers on ?

I am not an AVR guy so maybe some AVR gurus should chime in here. My son bought those RF7s and he loves them.

I told the guy that was selling them....you may not want to sell them after you hear this receiver hooked to them,,,he admitted he was impressed...lol

50 out of what?  100?  -50?  I usually run my Integra Pre/Pro around -25 dB when listening to movies from the cable box and -15 dB from my disc players or the laptop.  It has more than enough power, although the specs are "funny" and only rate it at 1kHz. 

24 minutes ago, John Albright said:

It has more than enough power, although the specs are "funny" and only rate it at 1kHz.

From the Onkyo website.

Power Watts/Ch (8 Ohms 20-20kHz, 2 Channels Driven, FTC) 140, 0.08% THD