(BOUGHT!) Want To Buy K-600 metal horn(s)

davemac

On 8/4/2017 at 10:07 AM, davemac said:

I'm still looking for (1) more K-600.

Got one!

There was an Ebay auction for parts pulled from a damaged cabinet -- "B" crossover, K-77 tweeter, K-33 woofer,  and K-55 driver with a mid-horn -- all Cornwall parts. The crossover suggests it's old enough to have the K-600 horn and the pic sure looks like one. Been watching it all week with "0" bids and today with 12 seconds left I nabbed it with the minimum bid of $100 + $45 shipping.

I'm already using Crites' tweeters and crossovers so I don't need the tweeter (possibly defective anyway) or crossover (old caps) and I guess I'll just hang onto the woofer as a spare. Who knows? I might be showing Britney Spears my latest dance moves and she gets so excited she trips and face-plants into a speaker. Hey, it could happen.

With the woofer included the shipping is pretty fair, I guess, so I think I made out OK price-wise.

I also discovered today that the metal K-600 and the resin K601s that I'm replacing have (surprise, surprise!) different mounting holes. And the 600 needs a slightly longer screw. So I made up a drilling template to use on the 4 speakers awaiting surgery. It's never as easy as you think it'll be.

Thanks to everyone for your interest and comments! I'll post sometime later on how it all turns out when I get one pair done and fired up (probably on the "technical" page.)

Dave

Edited by davemac
spelling
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2017 at 6:25 PM, mungkiman said:

Congrats.

Thanks!

Confusion sez :

"Good things come to those who wait -- and have a credit card."

Edited by davemac
correct quote