What Receiver For Rf7's And Svs cs-ultra

Joe DiClemente

Hello,

I'm looking to spend about 700.00. What receiver will compliment my RF7's,RC-7,RS-7's and SVS CS-ULTRA with sampson amp. My movie to music ratio is about 70% to 30%. I have been reading alot about the Denon 3802 going well with this setup. I have a Sony STR-DE925 at this time. I think with a new receiver this setup would sound so much better. Also if I was to spend 1000.00 is their a receiver that is much better for this setup than 700.00 for a Denon 3802??? Thanks to all

Joe

I don't really understand the infatuation with the Denon gear.

I prefer something that's all discrete like the Outlaw gear or Onkyo.

With the RF7 setup, you can worry less about power and more about quality of sound.

Are you buying local or off the internet?

Hello Joe, I have the same RFs and SVS as you but I use an Onkyo 989 with a power amp. But in my opinion you are looking at exactly what I would purchase with the amount of money you intend to spend.Many people here are using the 3802 in a similar set up and many also like the HK and yamaha receivers. And don't forget about the Outlaw products.The Denon should sound real gooooooooooood.But I'm an Onkyo guy even though some may think it might be too bright with the RF7s. I don't. Have fun and good hunting.

------------------

tHe wORLDs werst TYPesT>

I like HK stuff, if I had the $$$ it would be the HK AVR 8000! You can get them online for about $1500, sometimes less, depending where you shop and look.

I have the HK AVR 520 and love it, that would work well with the RF-7s/SVS setup.

Denon is nice too. People say the Yammies are real bright, so watch out if that will be a problem for ya.

Other than that, go demo some at the local stores, if they don't cut ya a deal on the price, look online, I got my HK AVR 520 from Sound Pros, www.soundpros.com and they have excellent Customer Service and price!

------------------

Scottc>s>

devil.gif

Goldsmithc>s>

Home Theatre:s>

Klipsch RF-3's (Front Mains)c>

Klipsch RC-3 (Center)c>

Klipsch RS-3's (Rear Surrounds)c>

SVS 20-39 PC Plus Subwooferc>

Harman Kardon AVR-520c>

Denon DVD 2800c>

Sony DVD DVP-S530Dc>

I have to stick with my brethren in Harman Kardon "Orange Peel"c> and agree with him.

Harman Kardon

------------------

Klipsch Gear (Proud to be 100% Klipsch)s>c>

* FRONTS: RF-7* CENTER: RC-7* SURROUNDS: RS-7* REAR: RC-7* SUB: RSW-12 / RSW-15 (feel the sonic waves)c>s>

Harman Kardon Gears>c>

* RECEIVER: Harman Kardon AVR 520* AMPLIFIER: Harman kardon PA4000* DVD: Harman Kardon DVD-50(DD, DTS)s>c>

Video Gears>c>

* InFocus ScreenPlay 110 DLP Projectors>c>

Computer and Game Gears>c>

* PC Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 4.1* Microsoft XBOX with Monster cable for that 5.1 Dolby Digitial surroundc>

s>f>

This message has been edited by m00n on 09-25-2002 at 09:03 PM

I've got the denon 3802 with klipsch, and the sound is fantastic, its an excellent value for the price. The biggest drawback is that the documentation truely sucks. I'ts ok until you need to use it. I don't know what the specs are for the 3803, and what it will buy you, comparatively.

As far as internet pricing goes...for just about anything... IF IT IS A GOOD DEAL TALK TO SOMEONE (phone) TO VERIFY AVAILABILITY!...I know Im yelling, but I spent alot of time waiting for my receiver from the internet, and finally I ordered it from good guys (authorized dealer) for several hundred dollars more than the lowest e-tailer.

Good Luck