READY FOR THE KLIPSCH EXPERIENCE almost...

Anatoliy

Hello Everyone! Im excited to say i just got my hands on some nice equipment for my new house! Ive always read about klipsch and always wants to own a couple speakers for myself but never actually had the chance to buy them. Now im a proud owner of -

2x Klipsch RF-82 II Floor 
2x Klipsch RS-52 II Surround
1x Klipsch RC-52 II Center 

This is really my first time building a system and now that i have speakers i need to get a A/V receiver. i have been looking at two models Yamaha RX-A870 or  Onkyo TX-RZ610. Any suggestions i would be grateful for. I really enjoy listening to music with a wide variety of music anywhere from relaxing jazz, acoustics all the way to Metallica. My wife and i also watch movies! I am willing to go a little more if its worth it! Thank you! I will also be posting pics once i set things up if anyone would like to see! 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Welcome Anatoliy.  The RF-82 II is truly a great system.  Of course we love photos!

Two questions for you:

1)  What are your plans for subwoofer?

2)  Just curious why you went with the RC-52 II.  The RC-62 II is the center that is designed to go with the RF-82 II.  The RS-52 II are perfectly fine for that system.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Anatoliy said:

I bought this system used from a gentleman and thats the center channel that he had. So not much of a choice there.

Totally understand.  Try it for awhile and see how it does.  The RC-62 II is a much better center and would be a nice upgrade down the road.

5 minutes ago, Anatoliy said:

As far as the subwoofer goes a friend of mine said he will give me a klipsch SW-350 subwoofer.  

Free is good!  I started out with a 10" Velodyne.  Then went to a 15" Velodyne, then dual 15" Velodyne, then a Klipsch RSW-15, then two, then three, and now 4 RSW-15's.  Just be warned....it's an addiction and there is no cure. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!  LOL

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Totally understand.  Try it for awhile and see how it does.  The RC-62 II is a much better center and would be a nice upgrade down the road.

Free is good!  I started out with a 10" Velodyne.  Then went to a 15" Velodyne, then dual 15" Velodyne, then a Klipsch RSW-15, then two, then three, and now 4 RSW-15's.  Just be warned....it's an addiction and there is no cure. RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!  LOL

Oh man, i think i feel it coming in my bones already. I used to put car stereos and subwoofers were my favorite part. I fear that i may have the same addiction with home theater subs. Ill try it, as soon as i figure out which receiver to get!

26 minutes ago, Youthman said:

I never thought I would have more than one sub in my home theater.  Somehow I think this forum had a lot to do with changing that.

Hmmm.  If you'd listened to this forum, you'd only have one big honkn' horn loaded sub in your system good down to sub sonic.   :P  

Just poking at you, my friend.  "If it sounds good, it IS good!"

Dave

9 hours ago, Anatoliy said:

and now that i have speakers i need to get a A/V receiver. i have been looking at two models

Yamaha RX-A870 or  

Onkyo TX-RZ610.

I have not heard either of those AVRs although I did own an Older Onkyo 717, a 7.2 w/110 wpc.  ( I quote power w/ 2 channels driven) 

Others here have commented on the Yamaha and the Aventage series is well liked, very reliable.  The A870 is $900 and it features Atmos.  A 100 wpc AVR should be adequate for use with Klipsch.

I like the sound of Onkyo and it also works well with Klipsch.  At $500 it the RZ610does not have Atmos, but if you will not be using that feature then you lose nothing by not paying for something you will not use.  

You might consider the  Denon AVRX4300H  9.2 at $800.  It is also highly rated and has more power than the other two listed above and the sound with Klipsch is also well liked.