THE WHO In Concert

RayCanales

I just came back from seeing The Who In concert at the American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas with their JBL tour I was sitting smack in the center about 16 rows back on the floor and I swear to god these guys are kick *** but they lacked volume..

I wish some of these big name guys would adopt Klipsch pro speakers for concert sound I have been to many concerts and I think I would much rather listen to my pair of Belles, I really do love those speakers.

------------------

Current System

Panasonic TH-50PHD3U plasma tv

B&K REF 3220

B&R ST 1400II

Adcom GTP830

JVC XV-SA600BK

Klipsch Belles

Klipsch KLFC7

Klipsch RB5

Velodyne HGS12

Did you know Peter Townsend is deaf?

I'm surprised they were even amplified.

Through the middle 80's and all of the 90's -- anything he did was "unplugged".

I just saw Peter Frampton a couple of months ago. Talk about a voice that has stood the test of time. Anything worth doing he did. Absolutely fantastic.

I can't say the same about Kansas. Steve Walsh sounded awful. Of course, no Kerry Livgren -- but this new guy they had was tremendous. A very quiet, laid back type. Very big as well, with a path on one eye. I think he must have used a 1/2 dozen guitars. He would just stand back with the drummer until it was time to do his thing, then he'd step up and let it rip.

This message has been edited by deang on 09-26-2002 at 02:45 PM

How can you say you saw The Who when half the band is playing on Planet Zontar? They were one of the best bands to see LIVE way back when. I saw Led Zeppelin and The Who in the mid 70s when things still mattered.

I find it hard to get up the nerve to witness these old heros of mine; I just cant bring myself to do it. Seeing the Stones in 94 was the LAST time. Stadium rock is hard to endure now. IT was painful in 94 to me...not volume-wise. Although the Who at the NYC Firemen/Police Ball really WAS damn good. Then Entwistle's demise left the band without the last bit of the soul backbone.

kh

Hell Mobile, I Zep on their first American tour, they opened for Vanilla Fudge. Page was using these weird Rickenbacker SS amps, big trapezoidal lookin' things. Saw the Who play a dancehall in 1969 with Buddie Rich and ****er and The Grease Band (his Woodstock band); The Who played until about 2 AM with about 50 people left.

Best show ever was The Ramones, The Runaways and Iggy Stooge.

Not enough volume?? Have they lost it???? I saw The Who at Alpine Valley back in '89, and the volume and sound was unbelievable - not to mention a 3 hour show. You could feel the sound against the chest from 50 rows back!!

Now it sounds like half the product for 3 times the price8.gif

Did they play the Overture to Tommy? Was it sponsored by Clarinex?15.gif Where's that vomiting smilie when you need one?

I saw them do their 25th anniversary tour in Philadelphia around '90 I guess. The volume was so low that I was straining to hear....along with the little speach about protecting the fans hearing, yadda yadda yadda. Probably I was spoiled by seeing them at Woodstock. Tommy was just released at that time or about to be... they did a lot of it...I remember wizard robes and hats. And the volume ??

adequate to say the least!!!!!!!!R.I.P. Keith and John.

I stayed home and listened to the "Live at Leeds" extended concert....the sound I like of the Who live. I would have liked to have seen the Who back in the Moon days. Congrats to those that did...I'm just glad I'm not that old..hee, hee.

I used to say that I attended one of the WHO's last US concert dates...Worcester,MA in 1982. I even have the lp "Who's Last" from '82 (don't buy it)....so much for last.

It seems everyone is doing the reunion tour thing...Last month I went to my friend's bar band 15 year reunion performance at the Hurricane in KC. They even created a web site...not sure why. Some of the pics look like the ones I took. See rebars.com

yikes it's late and I'm rambling.... I too discovered that you can't say certain names...like famous movie producer Alfred Hitch**** or one of my favorite performers Robyn Hitch****. Gee I guess I shouldn't ask for another ****tail or step on those ****roaches. Good night! Soon I'll hear "****-a-doodle-doo"