Heritage Debut Carbon at just about 200 dollars?

AsD

I was just offered a Heritage Debut Carbon by a friend of mine. It's brand new in box and everything. He wants 200 bucks for it which sound pretty cheap as the Pro-ject Debut Carbon is about 600 dollars where i live. I am pretty sure the only difference is det walnut finish and the Klipsch cork mat and logo.

I never owned anything Ortofon or Pro-ject so i dont know the 2m Red or the Debut Carbon.

Is it worth the money?

32 minutes ago, AsD said:

Heritage Debut Carbon

I have an Ortofon 2M Red in my MusicHall ... pretty good :) Of course you can spend 5-20x as much and get slightly better sound :)  I am not a devoted "spinner" ... maybe a couple of records per month ... so it would be great to me.

Those TT's usually go for $300+ used, so it is a good buy. Unless you want to spend a couple of grand. :) 

Cheers, Emile

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AsD said:

But is it any good? I don't want to buy it just because it's cheap you know. 

All day long it is a good deal and place to start, if starting TT's. Sounds like a friend indeed. Good fortune!

Ones I have heard good!

• Like 1

Thanks for the response guys. Well it's not my first turntable. I have a Rega and a Thorens in other rooms. He only thought of me because i resently bought a pair of walnut Rf7 ll on sale to use in the man cave. I'm not entirely sure how many records i'll be playing in there to be honest. It's more of a hanging around drinking draft beer and playing darts or pool kinda place. 😛 But it could look cool although it has to sound decent to.

He wont let me try it out though before buying because it's factory sealed.

I know it's not a lot of money and all. But as i said, i'm not even sure i'll be using it that much and if the sound quality is bad then i really don't need it in my life. 😛

• Like 1

Definitely worth the money. The Debut Carbons go for $399 new. The Carbon Esprit with on board speed box sells for $599. Ortofon makes a top notch cartridge. It's a win win for you at that price. Project is one of the best selling brands of entry to mid level turntables. If you don't like it you should have no problem selling it on Audiogon for a few bucks more. 

• Like 1