RF-7’s Need Help Deciding

miliellie111

Package A- Pair of RF-7II’s in cherry, RC-64II Center, pair of RP-240s and 1 RS-115SW sub, Marantz SR-7011 receiver.

For $500 more:

Package B: everything up above but I nstead of the II’s,  RF7-III’s, RC-64 III. No Marantz receiver.

Which would you go with. Has anyone heard a comparison between the II’s and the III’s? I like the look of the II’s better but if there is a huge upgrade in sound that would sway my decision.

Are the RP-240s for rear surround speakers good with this package?

I already have the RP-280’fs running in my living room on a Marantz SR-7010. The system above will be for basement music/movies.

Thanks for the help!

I'm going to step out on a limb and say the RF7-iii will be noticeably better with music.   This is only based on my listening experience with a similar horn in the RP-160m, and the fact that I've got RF7-ii's in my living room though.  If you're going to do a lot of music I'd do "Package B" if it's within your budget.  

If the price difference is large, the RF 7 II's all the way.   The are small gains between version 1 vs version 2 or 3.  The engineering department is not going to empty all it's cards on the next version.  The RF 7 II 's are not harsh if the room is right.  Fixing the room is the best solutions and easiest.