RF-7 mk3 Internal bracing and crossover network pictures?

Sound.Theory

15 hours ago, glens said:

Are the stock crossovers in an RF7 III in need of an upgrade?

I've seen pictures here on this site, I think it was from the most recent "Pilgramage" thread, of RF7 III boxes being built.  I'm pretty sure of that at any rate.

I can't find that thread, can you link me to it?

6 hours ago, Deang said:

Only if one has a problem with Mylars and penny junk resistors. 

Which I definitely do. I completely upgraded every part of the crossovers in my Klipsch RF-3 II system, the difference is absolutely night and day. Rebuilding crossovers with better parts, from somewhere like Parts Express, really makes a huge difference. The improvement I noticed with the RF-3 II's cannot be overstated, crossover component quality really matters. That's actually my only issue with Klipsch speakers, well, I'd also like a little better internal bracing.

1 hour ago, Sound.Theory said:

I can't find that thread, can you link me to it?

There's a "Pilgrimage 2018 Photos" thread, but I guess that's not what I was thinking of.  I can't find it either, but I know I saw photos or even a video somewhere sometime.  Sorry.

wait... this was it, I think

7 hours ago, glens said:

There's a "Pilgrimage 2018 Photos" thread, but I guess that's not what I was thinking of.  I can't find it either, but I know I saw photos or even a video somewhere sometime.  Sorry.

wait... this was it, I think

Oh awesome, thanks! That is some nice internal bracing. :) I'm guessing those cabinets are very inert. Looks to be better bracing than the RF-7 II 

• 1 year later...

I’m trying to find some pictures of the inside of them after everything is put in. Haven’t had them for more than a month and I’m hearing something rattling at the bottom of the speaker cabinet. Very very unhappy. It’s not very loud but I don’t expect it to get any better and I don’t know how to take the damn things apart to fix it and it would probably void the warranty.

2 hours ago, David y said:

I’m trying to find some pictures of the inside of them after everything is put in. Haven’t had them for more than a month and I’m hearing something rattling at the bottom of the speaker cabinet. Very very unhappy. It’s not very loud but I don’t expect it to get any better and I don’t know how to take the damn things apart to fix it and it would probably void the warranty.

Do you have kids or anyone who may have shoved a toy or something in one of the rear ports?