damn cats!

prodj101

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three cats, no problems.

Seriously, if you see the cat near the component in question, just start yelling and lunging for it.

Our latest cat liked to scratch the sofa, and after yelling, lunging, and tossing stuff at it, and after a week, he didn't do it anymore. Just try that. Remember, the cat doesn't know how cool and expensive Reference components are!

Yeah, my cats are always trying to use my RF5's as scratching posts. They are declawed in front thankfully. They did the same thing with my old speakers. I've yelled at them for the last 4 years and it hasn't helped.... Maybe I just need to buy them a real scratching post?

You are MEAN for declawing your cat 8.gif

If you teach a cat (like our last three) to use a scratching post, thats it. No more scratched chairs, carpets, speakers, etc. Our post takes up about 4 sq. ft. and is used hourly by our new cat. Not the rugs, etc. It is easy to teach a cat to use one (I will tell you if you want to know) and cats really know that they have to use the post, and not the rug, SVS, etc.

Now, if I can keep my cat from hunting my chickens, I will be set!

Cats are evil, especially my new one! But we are a cat family, and our cat is good (through strict traning and dicipline :). However, I am a total animal lover, so I like dogs, cats, fettets, mice, rats, gerbals, chincillas, fish, birds, snakes, frogs, chickens, etc. I get annoyed by people who like dogs or cats, and wouldn't mind sniffing the other.

Put this on your subwoofer:

IG386-1.jpg

In Tasmania, the Brits used "man traps" which were just big bear traps to capture escaped convicts. Pretty hard-core stuff.

From my last post it's pretty obvious how I feel about those loathsome spawns of satan called cats. I have never understood the appeal of these things. You can't wrestle with them, they show no emotion, you can't play ball or fetch, geez ... they won't even take a bullet for ya or run to tell the sheriff that little Jimmy fell in the well. What good are they?

Perhaps I'm a victim of circumstance feeling the way I do. Several years ago when I got assigned to a new duty station I let a friend of mine rent my house. She was recently divorced with two daughters. To help her girls adjust to everything that was going on, she asked if it would be all right if she could get two kittens. I reluctantly agreed. BIGGEST MISTAKE I EVER MADE! How two little fur balls could be so destructive is beyond me. Cat piss all over my good carpet, climbing up my draperies, scratched up her furniture ... on and on. ARRRGH! Every so often when I go back to visit and check on the house I make it a point to make those two evil things miserable. Those two know I detest them ... they just stare at me all day long or hide under the bed when I'm in the area. There is nothing better than lying in ambush with a wet towel waiting for one of those creatures to come walking by. A good "whaap" with the towel will put a smile on my face the rest of the day.

----------------

There is nothing better than lying in ambush with a wet towel waiting for one of those creatures to come walking by. A good "whaap" with the towel will put a smile on my face the rest of the day.

----------------

Cruel.... But 100% amusing... My wife used to have a damn miniture pig thing. Oh I hated that GAWD DAMN THING, he hated me too. He would lunge at me for no reason. I got so scared of that thing I had to carry a stick with me when I walked through her apartment. We had a routine (this is no joke either)... He would lunge at me, I would swat that basturd on his *** with the stick, he would run over to the corner and piss on the carpet, then run into the bathroom where his litterbox was and stand in it.

Now why he wouldn't just go piddle in his litterbox is beyond me. And yes, they are like cats, they do actually use a litterbox oddly enough.

RangerSix, our cat plays fetch, for real. If you throw something, he will sprint after it, catch it, and bring it back. Also, I car push him around and screw with him like I would do with a small dog, he enjoys it a lot! We have broken him of all his bad habits, etc. He is very affectenate towards us and is always fun to have around. Some people just don't get into a groove with cats. I only ask that those people don't go aroud screwing with, hurting, or killing other cats, that is sick and evil and I would do horrible things to people like that. Just leave other animals alone.

Ranger,

I think you just had dumb cats,nothing more.Our 26lbs MEOW(yes that is his name,I wanted to call the cat BinLaden but I reconsidered it was animal cruelty)can play fetch,brings back the ball when thrown across the room,the cat never(EVER)pissed on anything,went to his crap corner when only 3 weeks old!The cat can open doors(yes twist door handles,nobody teached him this trick)and will bite people he does not know who take his fave seat in the living room.

And our family cat is stil growing,almost 3 years now.Not fat just huge

I hate dogs,when I was younger I threw firecrackers at a large barking doberman near the school. LOL

Funny to watch as the beast sniffs and BAMM the firecracker goes. LOL What a show,the best was scared to death,if only I had a real stick of dynamite.

Never let any cats in a room with audio gear,wires and speaker grills dont make pals with cats.MEOW stays away from my two rooms,we have tall frames with grills when the doors are open.This way the cat can see but is kept out of the designated room(s).

Proj (glad to see you back, btw)

Cats scratch, they have to shed the outter layer of their nails. You just have to give them something better to scratch at. My psycho kitties dont like the traditional upright posts, they like these cardboard things that sit on the floor that they can claw and make a huge mess. You might want to try one of those. Mess is cheap, speakers aint. My cats are chompers, and sadly, they don't make cat chew toys.

Rat Boy My female plays soccer, a one woman team!, She will "kick" her squishy soccer ball with her rear legs then chase after it.

Ranger

The only cat that I ever owned, that pissed inappropriately was dying. I' ve seen dogs that couldn't wag it's tail without squirting. I think that your bad experience with the feline species may have more to do with the humans than the animals...

My cats wake me up if I forget to set the alarm. If I am sick or feel bad, they stay with me and comfort me. If I was asleep in this house and some form of danger was here, I know that they would do everything in their power to wake me. I might not like it but I'd be awake. Honestly, I think that cats are smarter than dogs...A dog will give loyalty to anyone that feeds them, regardless of the tr*****nt that it receives. A cat is a bit more selective.

Speaking in generalities (always a mistake) most cat haters are just pissed because cats dont like them. Haaa hAAA...Down boy...DONT SHOOT...

BTW My friend/house sitter/cat watcher HATES CATS...except mine...He brings his children(aged 2/5/8) over to play with my cats when I am on travel, and My male cat has flipping TALONS, when he stretches his claws...it is truely scarey, but he will only touch with the pads of his paws

Dammit where are all the dog supporters?

blah blah blah ... pure feline propaganda.

All I can say is get help QUICK!

There is an ongoing investigation of a bunch of terrorists out of San Francisco calling themselves Men who like to decorate and flaunt feather boas. This group of sensitive men has reportedly tainted the drinking water with a substance that after several days creates within the victim a delusional psychosis "felinus intoxicatus" of the positive qualities of felines.

Symptoms include using words like Fluffy, Cuddles, Tinker", playing with yarn, drinking milk out of a bowl, and buying squeaky mouse toys.

Only known cure is to get the video Old Yeller and watch it every day for one week.