Just got a new amp, and tons of 60Hz HUM!!

JohnKuthe

• Moderators

Be careful, years ago they got a nickname Flame linear, they would go out and toast all speakers connected. :o I don't know how common this was but they did get that nickname.

Others may know if this was common or not but i have heard a few people call them that, besides that I think people liked them.

• Moderators

Hate to sound like there is a problem with everything, but it's not right for us to lie or BS you and then you have problems, it's not personal we don't even know you but part of this place is to try to help even if that sounds like bad news. sorry

On 3/21/2018 at 9:26 AM, avguytx said:

They make crimp on connectors with "pins" on the end of them that will go right into those.

Monoprice makes a banana plug with screw-on pin tips.  It's very handy for older receivers and speakers that use those spring loaded female wire terminals.

On 3/21/2018 at 11:01 AM, babadono said:

These or similar work great with those pesky push terminal type amp connections

https://www.parts-express.com/gold-12-awg-speaker-pin-connector-pair-solder-type--091-300

Aha!! They have little grippy rings! 

if I hadn't already decided to bi-amp my power outputs I'd be using the power amp IN the Technics. BUT BECAUSE it has crappy power speaker outputs AND gives me access to cut out the internal power amp and take the line level preamp/tuner whatever output to bypass the Technics power amp section, AND IT WORKS NOW!!

WORKING system!!

EQ box was bad, 100% attenuation, the classic "not plugged in" error!

:-)

John Kuthe...