Parts Express sale ending today.

HPower

Got a sale notice email from PE and decided to grab 2 of the Dayton Audio SA100 plate amps to finally complete

my pair of Exodus Anarchy 6.5" 25hz tapped horn subs.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa100-100w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-802

$75 a piece, I hope they are enough power for the subs...

I did choose the 4 ohm version of the drivers so the SA100 will deliver 100 watts at the 4 ohm load.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't stand the Parts-Express sales.  I always want two of everything.  :P

I think if I won a contest and PE would send me two of anything in their catalog I would want two of these:

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-18-ultimax-subwoofer-with-spa1200dsp-amplifier-and-cabinet-package--300-7200

300-7200_ALT_9.jpg

5 hours ago, HPower said:

Got a sale notice email from PE and decided to grab 2 of the Dayton Audio SA100 plate amps to finally complete

my pair of Exodus Anarchy 6.5" 25hz tapped horn subs.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-sa100-100w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier--300-802

$75 a piece, I hope they are enough power for the subs...

I did choose the 4 ohm version of the drivers so the SA100 will deliver 100 watts at the 4 ohm load.

That should be enough power, the anarchy subs are only rated to 100 watts but it would be nice to have some spare power. I have two of the 8 ohm versions of that sub driven by the Dayton SA230 with both driven in parallel. They seem to be able to keep up with my Belles in a small room with limited gain. What speakers are you pairing them with?

12 hours ago, MookieStl said:

That should be enough power, the anarchy subs are only rated to 100 watts but it would be nice to have some spare power. I have two of the 8 ohm versions of that sub driven by the Dayton SA230 with both driven in parallel. They seem to be able to keep up with my Belles in a small room with limited gain. What speakers are you pairing them with?

Please post your results when finished. I was thinking about building one with a PE sub since the anarchy are no longer available. Thanks!

My initial plan when I built them a couple years ago was to pair them (in stereo) with my DIY Frugalhorns up in the living room.

I drive the Frugalhorns with my minty Yamaha CR2020 and it is rare that they get anymore than 10wpc, according to the 2020's meters.

12 hours ago, Ljk said:

Please post your results when finished. I was thinking about building one with a PE sub since the anarchy are no longer available. Thanks!

Mine have been done for a couple years. Turned out nice and fit where I wanted them to (under my Belles). I went with two (one under each Belle) and they fill in the very bottom end extremely well, and blended seamlessly with the horn loaded woofer section of the mains. Definitely needed two to keep up with the very efficient mains and probably couldn't keep up in a larger room, but you can always add more of these cool little subs. I have them crossed over just under 100 hz.

Not sure which PE sub you were referring to, but if you are looking at doing the 25hz tapped horn, the Tang Band is very good. I would have opted for that had they offered an 8 ohm version since I wanted to run two in parallel. Mine are the Lil' Mike version.

atap.thumb.jpg.063bef8ab0cca2d73c1ff4be0abadf1f.jpgc3.thumb.jpg.31b2c1c34caaee0947dacbc7025a5345.jpg

• Like 2

Yes I believe it was tang brand, I would have to look up old post. Was going to build one but got side tracked when I bought some cheap magnepan's I am rebuilding. Are the subs musical or more for HT use, might be able to use them with the magnepans. Thanks.