Oak LaScala update 1

HDBRbuilder

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I worked at Klipsch from July, 1976 to September of 1983. I never built many k-horns while there, but sure as hell produced a zillion parts and sub-assemblies for them...LOL! The decorator series Heresys...and the Cornwalls and MCM systems kept me pretty busy most of the time! LOL!

Dean,

When you get yours, if the serial numbers match up with the years I was there, and you find an "A" stamped into the top or bottom corner of the rear edges(it will be in the side panel about an inch from the corner)...or any two letter combo beginning with an "A", it was me who built them. I was the only "A" at the plant then. If there is a two letter combo, with my "A" in it, then the other letter represents my helper who installed the fronts to the glue blocks I had put in, and then the helper caulked up the rear glue blocks at their joints.

HD,

Did you see Bob Gassels offer to you to come back to Klipsch and build Belles and K-horns? They are totally overwhelmed over there. I think he said something about some nice laid back part time work to the tune of 60 hours a week9.gif

The thread is in the General Forum Section.

I'm pretty sure he was dead serious.