SOLD... FORTE II

JoeM38

Forte ii these started life painted black. All drivers/passives in excellent condition.I stripped and oiled them. I believe they are a very respectable oiled walnut finish. Check pictures on condition. $600.Come and get them. Troy NC 27371

20180502_191336.jpg

I you have sent me a PM, or send me one, please include your name and phone # so I can call you to set something up.

I don't want to upset interested parties, but until I actually talk/setup a visit with someone these will stay for sale....

P.S. I have responded to PMs requesting a phone #

Edited by JoeM38

14 minutes ago, willland said:

Very nice and price.  Love the contrast of black risers and walnut body.

Good luck with your sale.

Bill

Thanks!

I thought about going back and cutting the risers down like the new Forte III, but I'll let the next person do that if they want.

1 hour ago, absolve2525 said:

What did you strip them with? Looks great! 

STRIP YOUR SPEAKERS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU RUIN YOUR SPEAKERS!!!

I hope that didn't come out wrong.. It would be very easy to make some nice speakers into junk. I didn't recommend everybody doing this.

It's been a long time since I stripped these... If I recall correctly, although my memory isn't the best. I used a gel stripper let that set up and them went back over and scrubbed with steel wool and a stiff plastic brush. After several applications of 'strip and scrub' I then scrubbed with cleaner to remove any remaining stripper. After that I lightly sanded smooth. "caution sand at your own risk the veneer is very thin".

I then applied Watco oil with fine steel wool for several coats over several days. Have not oiled for several years and they still look very nice with occasional dusting.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JoeM38 said:

STRIP YOUR SPEAKERS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU RUIN YOUR SPEAKERS!!!

I hope that didn't come out wrong.. It would be very easy to make some nice speakers into junk. I didn't recommend everybody doing this.

It's been a long time since I stripped these... If I recall correctly, although my memory isn't the best. I used a gel stripper let that set up and them went back over and scrubbed with steel wool and a stiff plastic brush. After several applications of 'strip and scrub' I then scrubbed with cleaner to remove any remaining stripper. After that I lightly sanded smooth. "caution sand at your own risk the veneer is very thin".

I then applied Watco oil with fine steel wool for several coats over several days. Have not oiled for several years and they still look very nice with occasional dusting.

Had to do the same on a set of k-horns I had.  Funny thing the lacquer finish had runs and it looked like original.  Hard to see but bothered me.  Since it looked original, I was surprised it may have come from the factory that way.  Once cleaned up and tung oiled, wonderful walnut finish.

Nice job and hope sale completes.

• JoeM38 changed the title to SOLD... FORTE II