Any comments

KROCK

Double Bass bins with JBL 2445 drivers into JBL 2360a theatre horns. Horns have no cracks or splits for their age, throats and wooden stands are original and in good condition. Custom crossovers. These are currently crossing as a 2 -way at 500hz. The JBL"s take them the rest of the way to 20K hz. Was a 3 way and Can easily be changed to a 3-way if you want a tweeter, I found it wasn’t necessary with this drivers and horns. You cannot find sound quality like this for 3X the $$$. They are big nearly 7' height total, the bass reflex ported bins are 25x25" 24" deep each, basically 2’ cubes wired with silver core wire and gold plated jacks. 3/4” Oak furniture grade plywood which are bridged and supported. Oak is natural and could be stained or poly if wanted. Bass bins have Bob Crites Emminence 15" woofers paralleled together for extended deep natural bass. s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KROCK said:

I found it wasn’t necessary with this drivers and horns.

Take an online hearing test to find out what is really necessary. I'm topping out at 12K Hz now. 2 way is all I will ever need.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

If it sounds good, it is good.

Looking good, but after everything it comes down to what Oldtimer said. 

Have fun, I love big horns.

1 minute ago, dtel said:

They are going to sound big, it's what big speakers do, don't let that let you miss listening to the overall sound and take your time, if considering buying ?

I was looking @ the VOTT. I would really love a pair of Lascala ii. Just out of my reach right now.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KROCK said:

I was looking @ the VOTT. I would really love a pair of Lascala ii. Just out of my reach right now.

I have never heard that horn so I can't say, except they were not concerned about the size which is a good start.imo

But I Do like LaScalas either version , to me the ll version is better looking easily. 

• Like 1