Newbe Ignorance just starting.

BoneyTubes

Hello, Nice to just happen upon this site. I have been the very happy owner of Cornwalls and K Horns since late '70's. Powered by several combinations of the years, but always count on these speakers. Now being that they have been used over these years what are possible need updates or refurbishments. Of course maybe as my ears have aged so have they or am I missing something and don't know it.  Presently, K Horns are great with an HR Scott of my fathers rebuilt by Maple Shade and tons of vinyl on an Empire 698.  Cornwalls (first buy) keep the shop moving right along.

So first off, how does one identify which and when each speaker pair are present?

Also must admit to preference for analog, so usually will just read and learn. Hell, I primarily still shoot film,  process and print myself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BoneyTubes said:

Hello, Nice to just happen upon this site. I have been the very happy owner of Cornwalls and K Horns since late '70's. Powered by several combinations of the years, but always count on these speakers. Now being that they have been used over these years what are possible need updates or refurbishments. Of course maybe as my ears have aged so have they or am I missing something and don't know it.  Presently, K Horns are great with an HR Scott of my fathers rebuilt by Maple Shade and tons of vinyl on an Empire 698.  Cornwalls (first buy) keep the shop moving right along.

So first off, how does one identify which and when each speaker pair are present?

Also must admit to preference for analog, so usually will just read and learn. Hell, I primarily still shoot film,  process and print myself.

Hello and welcome to the forum.  First question, do you have them in the same room, able to A/B?  Both powered by the same amp?  You said the CW's are in the shop?  Just trying to get a bit of clarity.

20 minutes ago, BoneyTubes said:

Hello...

I don't understand the question...

Your serial number houses a lot of information.

@BoneyTubes,

Welcome to the forum.

You definitely came to the right place for questions about your timeless Klipsch speakers.

I am no expert in the internal workings of speakers but there are many of those folks that take residence here in this great community.

Keep the questions coming, they will get answered and answered again.

Bill

My Heresys are ‘78 vintage. My LaScalas are ‘73 vintage. Both pair sound great and amaze me dailey. As long as they sound magnificent I see no reason to tamper and tinker with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1. Thanks for your responses to my first ever attempt on any forum. Sorry for the crappy question related to identifying when my speakers were produced. Have not been fully brain wise since an accident in a LBC, (little British car) of mine. Pain and Meds you see. However, in trying to be succinct , I was just wanting to know how the serial numbers depict pertinent information. Also, my query as to if these speakers are in need of any updating has been answered by Tony.  Thank you, T! So I guess that I'll keep working to gain more knowledge in music reproduction electronics and keep on attending live venues of artists and groups when we are allowed out of the "home".                 
  2.  Take care and keep between the ditches!