CL La Scala's / Cornwalls

ThomasD.

Seriously contemplating going to look at these. They're over 500 miles away.  Would possibly be interested in both.  Owner not offering much information yet.  Not going to get too anxious yet, just listed and seem a little high priced.

00r0r_jQVz9e6Ewqq_600x450.jpg.f0b946c7be849962c2b75deea37bd237.jpg

https://kenai.craigslist.org/ele/d/vintage-klipsch-la-scala/6625981428.html

Any suggestions on what questions I should ask and what to look for??  I have no experience with LS's or CW's but they are both 'Dream' speakers of mine.

I just sent you a PM which has my Heritage Prices spreadsheet attached but it might not help you.  Alaska is not the lower 48 and I have no idea what used Klipsch go for in your neck of the woods.

-Dave

It may be a rough time trying to gauge what "fair market value" is in that part of the country; rather hard to compare the prices to what's in the lower 48.  But I agree...they'd have to come down quite a bit before getting overly interested in them...unless you just have money to burn and time on your hands for the drive.  

2 minutes ago, avguytx said:

It may be a rough time trying to gauge what "fair market value" is in that part of the country; rather hard to compare the prices to what's in the lower 48.  But I agree...they'd have to come down quite a bit before getting overly interested in them...unless you just have money to burn and time on your hands for the drive.  

@avguytx  "Money to burn"   Ha Ha  "Not our family Brick" ( The Middle) 

My 98 year old mother and the rest of my family lives down that way (Anchorage) and I'm visiting next month so the drive isn't the big issue since I make that trip several times a year.  Would just like to get a decent (fair to both parties) deal.  Especially since both pairs seem to be earlier models that would need upgrading I'm sure.

I guess it goes back to the reason I built my Belle's.  I never could find a pair near me that were a) decent priced and b) looked decent at that price.  So, I just built a set from the ground up with all new drivers and crossovers.  Are you handy with wood working or know someone who is?  They might not be authentic and not have the (perceived) resale value as what an original set will, but a person wouldn't have to spend $2k plus on a pair of LS's and then hundreds of dollars on updates, crossovers, cabinet fixes, etc.  You can have all the look and potentially better sound than the originals and closer to LS II's.

Just a thought...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, avguytx said:

I guess it goes back to the reason I built my Belle's.  I never could find a pair near me that were a) decent priced and b) looked decent at that price.  So, I just built a set from the ground up with all new drivers and crossovers.  Are you handy with wood working or know someone who is?  They might not be authentic and not have the (perceived) resale value as what an original set will, but a person wouldn't have to spend $2k plus on a pair of LS's and then hundreds of dollars on updates, crossovers, cabinet fixes, etc.  You can have all the look and potentially better sound than the originals and closer to LS II's.

Just a thought...

@avguytx  The concept is wonderful.  I believe I have all the skills necessary and would absolutely enjoy every minute of the process. And the money savings would be a great bonus.

But..... The time that would be necessary to invest in this scale of project is just too prohibitive in my foreseeable future.  My winters are spent working out of town and my summers are spent trying to accomplish everything else that can't be done in the winter. But would really like to see your home built LS's.

I can understand that completely.  

I built Belle's....not LS's.  :)  There should be a link in my signature that you can click on.  It was a labor of love, for sure; primarily weekends but some week nights as they got closer.  ha

1 minute ago, avguytx said:

I can understand that completely.  

I built Belle's....not LS's.  :)  There should be a link in my signature that you can click on.  It was a labor of love, for sure; primarily weekends but some week nights as they got closer.  ha

My mistake.  Was reading too fast. I will check that link out.