Pizza run I guess...

Coytee

So I'm at home today....  cleaning up the new tool chest I got from Joe (Thanks Joe!).  Putting new liners in it....moving my tools over...

Wife calls me.  Said I need you to go into town (about 15 miles) to get a gallon of paint.  She's finally (and I do mean finally) decided on the color she's going to use.

So we sit & chat at the dinner table for a few minutes, I get my stuff....and her list....and off I go.

Know that to get to my place, you leave town on a 4-lane highway.  Go down to a 2-lane State Route.... then a 2-lane country road then my road which at its best....would be 1 1/2 lanes.

So I pull out of my road onto the country road and I see an ambulance coming towards me.  I had plenty of time to pull out and get in front of it but, that's the wrong thing to do....besides....their lights were on (no siren) so I didn't want to impede their progress at all.....so I sat & waited.

They passed and as it happens, turned appropriately such that I followed them literally all the way into town when I finally pulled off to do my shopping at Home Depot for paint.  Once done, I also had to go to Dollar General store for her to get her some plastic bags....  so off I went there when I got the paint.

I leave Dollar General and turn left to go home.  There's some road construction going on here.  I think they're taking the main drag through town from a 2-lane into a 4-lane so it's torn up all the way to/from the bridge.

None the less...  I get out of the store, make my left turn and head home.  I got about a mile down road when the traffic thinned out, some turned left, some turned right when all the sudden.....guess who I found myself behind?

I was directly behind the same ambulance that I followed into town but now....we're heading out of town.  I was scratching my head saying to figure those odds.  

Later, when they turned off, I deduced what happened.  Their station is on the 4-lane highway.  They must have had a call taking them out to the country (my way).  They must have picked up their person and were driving them back to the hospital (when I got behind them the first time).  Had their check-in time at the hospital while I was doing the paint/DG thing....  they pulled out of hospital to go back to their station when I pulled in behind them again.

Must have been the above or, they were on a pizza run.  Their lights were on the entire time they were in my vision but they never had their siren on.

18 minutes ago, dtel said:

just be grateful she picked a color.

It's been the bathroom from....well, you know.

This goes back to the kitchen re-do that she wanted.  Wanted to add some cabinets (new) to a wall that was blank.  I said we can't do that because we have no water/drain there but for the bathroom....

She said no problem...you can cut into the wall for that.

Cut into wall, made appropriate plumbing changes....  she then decides she wants to rip out entire bathroom wall and install tongue & Groove on that specific wall.

(do you know what a pain it is to have to take a hole cutter and get the holes EXACTLY where she wants them so her lights will be 3 1/2 inches off to the side of her mirror???

I digress...

She's now painted that wall FOUR times....not liking the color.  "It's too blue" (she wanted some form of gray)  Back to HD to re-tint the paint...painted again.....It's STILL too blue....  have them take the blue out, I don't care what they do"

sigh

failed again so next time, got a sample of paint (maybe a pint?)  She finally found the color and today, had me go back into town to get it.

The original gallon she bought was something like $25.  Might have been on sale or something, maybe she paid $20.

Today's paint was $54 for another gallon.

When I got home, she was upset with me that I spent that much.

Walt....  let me see if I understand you honey (her, not you Dtel!)

You tried several colors....you bought a pint of an entirely different color....and liked it.  You told me to go get a gallon of "this" and hand me the empty pint container.  I go to HD and hand it to them, telling them to make me a gallon....I'm going to go get some filters and will return.  I pay for it, come home and now you my dear wife, are upset with me that I paid too much???

Sigh.

Even doing exactly what I was told, protected by handing them the exact thing she wanted.....  I still got it wrong somehow.

I wonder if seeing the ambulance both directions was an omen for me?

hmmm....  I'm going to sleep with the lights on and extra pillows tonight.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Coytee said:

It's been the bathroom from....well, you know.

This goes back to the kitchen re-do that she wanted.  Wanted to add some cabinets (new) to a wall that was blank.  I said we can't do that because we have no water/drain there but for the bathroom....

She said no problem...you can cut into the wall for that.

Cut into wall, made appropriate plumbing changes....  she then decides she wants to rip out entire bathroom wall and install tongue & Groove on that specific wall.

(do you know what a pain it is to have to take a hole cutter and get the holes EXACTLY where she wants them so her lights will be 3 1/2 inches off to the side of her mirror???

I digress...

She's now painted that wall FOUR times....not liking the color.  "It's too blue" (she wanted some form of gray)  Back to HD to re-tint the paint...painted again.....It's STILL too blue....  have them take the blue out, I don't care what they do"

sigh

failed again so next time, got a sample of paint (maybe a pint?)  She finally found the color and today, had me go back into town to get it.

The original gallon she bought was something like $25.  Might have been on sale or something, maybe she paid $20.

Today's paint was $54 for another gallon.

When I got home, she was upset with me that I spent that much.

Walt....  let me see if I understand you honey (her, not you Dtel!)

You tried several colors....you bought a pint of an entirely different color....and liked it.  You told me to go get a gallon of "this" and hand me the empty pint container.  I go to HD and hand it to them, telling them to make me a gallon....I'm going to go get some filters and will return.  I pay for it, come home and now you my dear wife, are upset with me that I paid too much???

Sigh.

Even doing exactly what I was told, protected by handing them the exact thing she wanted.....  I still got it wrong somehow.

I wonder if seeing the ambulance both directions was an omen for me?

hmmm....  I'm going to sleep with the lights on and extra pillows tonight.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Could be Freudian... 

Have fun w/it...  Just carry in the Sawzall, big sledge, helmet, safety goggles and gloves.  It'll all start to sort then...  :)

Sensual Handywoman - csp4708243

Just hire this contractor...

this will get thing going..

10 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Have fun w/it...  Just carry in the Sawzall, big sledge, helmet, safety goggles and gloves.  It'll all start to sort then...

Would that I could....  she's usually got them out already....  Except for my chainsaw, she's pretty well versed in how to use all her tools (she's taken over everything I have so I call them hers now)....from hammers to air compressor powered items to gas powered items to my industrial backhoe.

• Haha 1