Open box and chip and dent Klipsch at great prices!

teaman

1 hour ago, avguytx said:

I shoulda bought a pair of Cornwalls just for the heck of it.

Yeah, kicking myself too. $499 each will never be seen again. Had I bought them my wife would have been kicking me....possibly out....so it probably is best I missed out

• 4 weeks later...

That extra 15% off on Ebay deal is still on for a few more hours and they have more listed "open box" and "chip and dent" Klipsch available today!

http://www.ebaystores.com/AcousticSoundDesign/_i.html?_nkw=klipsch&submit=Search&_sop=10&_sacat=AcousticSoundDesign&_sc=1&_sid=16159325

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=sound_distributors&_armrs=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=klipsch&_sop=10

Both Ebay stores are offering these deals!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2018 at 10:35 AM, teaman said:

They listed two in the same color, both were $499

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering about this deal, as it seems almost too good to be true unless there was major damage to them.

I'm wondering also if they were actually sold or just listed in error, as now there are Cornwall III California Black Walnut open box  listed as a pair at $3999 +$1 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-CORNWALL-III-CALIFORNIA-BLACK-WALNUT-OPEN-BOX-MINOR-CHIP-AND-DENT-PAIR/372464977627?hash=item56b8a486db:g:RTUAAOSwt6NbvQyy:rk:12:pf:0

I did ask if there was actual damage to the speaker and the reply was:  "there is damage=minor chips and/or dents."

There is another Cornwall III California Black Walnut speaker with what I would call some major damage, and onecall has it listed on eBay at $1199 as a return from a customer so listed as used.  I have actually purchased from onecall, and I found them to be excellent to deal with, just as a tangential comment thrown in.

Is acousticsounddesigns the same as Sound Distributors (the ones who listed the $499 speakers)?  They are both in Nevada, although in different cities.  Did acousticsounddesigns grab two from Sound Distributors for $1000 and are now trying to sell them for $4000?  The other strange detail is that acousticsounddesigns is listed as in Gabbs, Nevada, which looks to be in the middle of nowhere, but yet, from the messages, it states that they are in Post Falls Idaho.  They state in the ad that there are three pairs of speakers available.

3 hours ago, ksquared said:

I'm wondering about this deal, as it seems almost too good to be true unless there was major damage to them.

I'm wondering also if they were actually sold or just listed in error, as now there are Cornwall III California Black Walnut open box  listed as a pair at $3999 +$1 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KLIPSCH-CORNWALL-III-CALIFORNIA-BLACK-WALNUT-OPEN-BOX-MINOR-CHIP-AND-DENT-PAIR/372464977627?hash=item56b8a486db:g:RTUAAOSwt6NbvQyy:rk:12:pf:0

I did ask if there was actual damage to the speaker and the reply was:  "there is damage=minor chips and/or dents."

There is another Cornwall III California Black Walnut speaker with what I would call some major damage, and onecall has it listed on eBay at $1199 as a return from a customer so listed as used.  I have actually purchased from onecall, and I found them to be excellent to deal with, just as a tangential comment thrown in.

Is acousticsounddesigns the same as Sound Distributors (the ones who listed the $499 speakers)?  They are both in Nevada, although in different cities.  Did acousticsounddesigns grab two from Sound Distributors for $1000 and are now trying to sell them for $4000?  The other strange detail is that acousticsounddesigns is listed as in Gabbs, Nevada, which looks to be in the middle of nowhere, but yet, from the messages, it states that they are in Post Falls Idaho.  They state in the ad that there are three pairs of speakers available.

Yeah, it was SoundDistributors that was having all of the specials. I linked the other shop AcousticSoundDesigns because of the Ebay ad for additional 15% off with coupon.  They were legit because I know of someone local to them that bought several of their advertised specials that day. Someone in here posted that they were familiar with the retailer in NV. All I know for sure is that I was broke at the time of the listings and for the few speaker specials I had my eye on, I took two much time sharing and not enough time shopping. I failed to buy anything.

@ksquared - I saw over on the Klipsch owners FB page where Cory said he had some B stock Cornwalls.  I don't think he posted a price, and that was probably 1-2 days ago.

could be gone by now, or maybe not.  chat him up here - Metropolis Lake Outfitters.  I've corresponded with him here but I have had no deals to this point.  there are others who have, and speak very highly of him.  I would be inclined to give him next crack if my own searches turned up nothing.