Klipsch Quality

Tony Whitlow

My Heritage LaScalas and Heresys are virtually indestructible. Sad to say not so my RC-3 and RSW-12. The tabs that hold the grills on are chincy. Two broke off on my RC-3 and one off on the RSW-12. There’s other ways be it Velcro or magnetic. The Colonel would never approve of these cheesy plastic pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tony Whitlow said:

They are fine until half of the tab remains in the seat. Flimsy POS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the custom grilles I created for my K-horn decorators and Cornwall I used large black flat head allen 1/4" screws into expandable rubber threaded inserts which of course you had to drill holes into the cabinets. I got them at Home Depot.

JJK

Dory who ?  well, whomever, wasn't the lady who invented the drive-thru metal speaker cover with numerous holes, which I might add to the mystery, could of been someone with a comic sense for squirrels, considering it has carried over to the general public as a punching bag over static confirmations...

4 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

Fwiw, my original KSB 3.1 (Synergy) bookshelf speakers had metal grills. Those were some good speakers for the price. :) 

Thank you for the reminder, no doubt Klipsch build's the finest quality speaker systems.... the broken grill tab's may survive with just a frequent wipe of silicon.

I veered off course last night, after driving up to a newly rebuilt drive-thru by my townhome, and noticed the new speaker box just had about 50 holes in a smooth round metal plate - some normal things seem void of the history behind them...