Keep a Weather Eye, Gulf Coast

Mallette

Certainly Florence is a serious threat...but watch this one, and Isaac behind it as well if you live on the Gulf Coast. I have been watching it several days and guessed it would be strengthening. Today, NOAA upgraded development to 50% chance. I am not a meteorologist and don't play one on TV, but I have a hunch this one has time to turn into something as it crosses the Gulf under favorable conditions. We are under low pressure at the moment and that tends to attract them ashore. If a high develops, it could slow or deflect it. We will see.

Isaac is about a week behind but on basically the same track as the Storm of 1900 which was 118 years ago last week. This is peak season from the Texas Gulf Coast hurricane events, so keep a weather eye!
Dave

Capture.PNG

Didn't mention Helene as that one will likely turn north...but like all these things she may not. If she went slightly further south she might get caught in the westerlies and follow Isaac.

I was just thinking that if Isaac turned major and hit Texas...it would literally be "Isaac's Storm." 

Dave

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jason str said:

No worries, televangelist has cast a "shield of protection" in the storms path.

Go ride the waves...:unsure:

>link<

That makes me feel alot better. 

Looks like there thinking South Texas/Mexico, and not as a hurricane. But as anyone who lives anywhere near a coast knows never take your eyes off even a low pressure system. :unsure2:

On 9/11/2018 at 3:45 PM, Mallette said:

Didn't mention Helene as that one will likely turn north...but like all these things she may not. If she went slightly further south she might get caught in the westerlies and follow Isaac.

I was just thinking that if Isaac turned major and hit Texas...it would literally be "Isaac's Storm." 

Dave

For the uninitiated:  https://www.history.com/news/how-the-galveston-hurricane-of-1900-became-the-deadliest-u-s-natural-disaster

• Like 1