La Scala II SOCAL $5K OBO

MEH Synergy

22 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

What’s with that grill cloth? In 3 short years they had to get the original replaced and with that?

I was wondering the same thing about the gray looking grill and black frame on the tophat, but I'm not all that familiar with LS II's.  I didn't even know the top hat and doghouse were separate.

The veneer of the top hat and dog house don't match.  Could these be B stock?"  There was no picture of the label.

In terms of pricing I show an average of $2533 but with only three confirmed sales that average is not a true indicator of what the average price really is.  The other sales are 1500, 3900 and 2200.  I have three others which are not figured in the average noted as "not yet sold" at 5200, 5200 and 5600.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

A simple phone call can fix that pricing.   It is OBO. 

New retail for a pair is $8000, 40% of that would be $4800.  Is that a good basis to value a recent year speaker?

+++

The veneer on ALL the other new speakers I saw matched.  It makes me more suspicious the ones for sale are not "A" stock.

• Like 1

For posterity...

Maybe they should take part of the sale proceeds to buy a camera/phone that can take pictures of things on the left side.  Or maybe borrow someone's that can.  ;)

2 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

What’s with that grill cloth? In 3 short years they had to get the original replaced and with that?

Like my grandparents always said, "there's lots of things money can't buy.....including happiness, smarts, and a sense of decoration".

00Z0Z_as7Neium1v_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_guD9htOU0EA_1200x900.jpg

00Y0Y_1y2si1DDnlk_600x450.jpg

00E0E_3GBvHNsa5bn_1200x900.jpg