Political Advertising ... sick of it?

Emile

2 minutes ago, T2K said:

I drove to the local church earlier to cast my/our vote. As we were walking thru the parking lot I noticed several people about 100 feet from the entrance to the church sanctuary. A lady pointed to a candidates sign and said 'don't forget to vote for' when I interrupted her saying ' I don't have time to talk I've got to get in there and stop that Caravan'. We laughed while my wife shook her head. At the door a guy walked in ahead of us and we followed him to a table. I overheard the poll worker tell the guy that he was an inactive voter and sent him to another table to fill out paperwork. I asked the poll worker if I had overheard her correctly, that the guy ahead of us was an attractive voter. She said no he's an inactive voter. We got our ballots and sat down. As I instructed my wife how I thought she should vote, she balked. I promised to later take her to eat BBQ if she would listen to my suggestions. We finished and left the building. Passing the same campaigning lady/sign outside I asked her if she had heard the announcement. She said no. I told her that after inserting our ballots into the machine and exiting out of the sanctuary doors there was an announcement that the Caravan had just stopped and turned around.

The BBQ was good.

Keith

Started partying early did you?

5 minutes ago, T2K said:

Back to the regular old Fake News in a few days.

Don't fall for it! Keep your fact-based, Pulitzer Prize, oriented media at the front of your Newsfeed!

3 minutes ago, T2K said:
12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I about lost it! I can picture this happening to you. 

I try to spread my weak humor wherever I go. The wife don't pay any attention to me anymore.

Hey, it could be worse. She went with you to go vote and the Caravan has turned around...............😂Priceless! Gotta stay around for the 2020s, my friend. 

1 minute ago, T2K said:

What seriously shocked me was that the inactive voter ahead of me was of minority status.

Keith

Hmm.  My wife and I early-voted and noticed a lot of {read: almost all} older Caucasian voters. The only woman who didn't fit our profile also got tagged as an inactive voter. In the end she was allowed to but I felt something about seeing that for myself and wondered the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

Hmm.  My wife and I early-voted and noticed a lot of {read: almost all} older Caucasian voters. The only woman who didn't fit our profile also got tagged as an inactive voter. In the end she was allowed to but I felt something about seeing that for myself and wondered the circumstances. 

People die.  People move away.  Sounds like if you haven't voted in a good while, you are considered "inactive," probably for purposes of trying to clean up voter rolls and keep them current.  From the record turnouts, I bet a lot of inactive voters are showing up.